Large Scale Central

Cats

Its not really a hobby but she keeps me entertained. Topaz the spare parts kitty. AKA: Stinker-Doo, Little Miss Teeth and Claws, Walking oil stain.

Here you can see the rare Topazian Devil in its native environment. It waits patiently for its prey…one of the other cats or my foot…

Feel free to add pics of your cats doing goofy things, I would hate for Topaz to feel singled out.

Perhaps I need to upload some pics of the pussy that used to reside here. Like “How to catch a Naughty Kitty” and the “Spinx Pose”. My pussy is gone but I still have the pics.

And now for my contributions to the cause.
“Train? What train? I know nothing of any train.”
24755_110688275620698_3053719_n by Forrest Wood, on Flickr

“If I fits I sits” This one was published in a little book titled, in German, “Cats sleeping in awkward positions”
The Cat-anooga choo-choo by Forrest Wood, on Flickr

Those two are Grumman, the following are Georgie. Both the guys are rescues, Grumman from nearly dead after getting hit.

“You shall not pass without paying the same toll the Rock Island does”
1_SPC by Forrest Wood, on Flickr

Too lazy to move, and/or not overly impressed by the train.
Sequence of 3 stills, I couldn’t switch the camera to movie fast enough.

Oh, and the train rolled over his leash just fine.

1_g1 (2) by Forrest Wood, on Flickr

1_g2 (2) by Forrest Wood, on Flickr

1_g3 by Forrest Wood, on Flickr

Oh, and the four hundred dollar cat toy,
https://youtu.be/HkItpYer-Nk

None shall pass. This is the dear departed Ezzie. Lived a long and obstreperous life. Former CME of the West Well Railroad

Her successor is Izzy, current CME. Honest she came with the name from the cat rescue centre and is another Calico.

Izzy has two entrances to the house, one she shares with the railroad.

Max

Mr. Paws, being the owner of the Waverly Southern RR, supervises most everything related to his railroad. Even watching over internet posts.

He especially looks over all his new engines.

Hey Boomer,

I have a neighbor’s cat that spends about half the day (and night) around my layout in the backyard chasing mice and birds. One of his favorite “chores” is to chase a train around the track and especially through the tunnels. My yard is one of the few landscaped and most are just sand, so likes it here. I’ll have to figure out how to upload a picture or two. His name is Pretzel and he is about as friendly as they come…except to my inside cat.

Jim Copanos

These are neat photos. God love them.

Here is one of ours that we was trying to move her for a TV channel 31 train day set up.

Peanut

You can look at the tree trunk to see that’s hers too.

Rocky loves the Aristo-Craft Dash 9 box. It’s just the right size for a nap by a sunny window.

Rocky

Ginger sunbathing by the pool.

Ginger

During the winter these two spend more time in my train workshop than I do.

Am enjoying seeing and hearing about y’all’s critters.

I could not find a photo of our Big Black Cat who used to walk along the elevated part of the RR, I called him my track walker. Miss him too he was one of the good old boys.

Paul

This is Chance overseeing some layout construction. When we found him he was an abandoned kitten and we didn’t think he would make it. We called him Slim Chance back then. That was sixteen years ago. Now we call him Fat Chance.

Bob

No layout pictures with pussy but I do have these.

I call this one “I hear you knocking but you can’t come in”

This one I call the “Sphinx Pose”

This one is called "How to catch a Naughty Kitty " after the 2 gold fish my son won at a street fair mysteriously turned into one. I tossed back a couple beers that evening and set the trap. This picture was taken before the “Moat” to the left was filled,I then retired for the evening with my camera hoping the thieving culprit would take the bait!

It took some time but the "alarm " of beer cans went off about 2 hours later. I grabbed my camera and this is what I found. Seems “SOMEONE” fell into my trap or the “Moat”! (note the wet foot prints that lead into “Hells Kitchen” )

I cannot forget my favorite Black Pussy that resided here before the Blonde one. He was so cool and a rescued street cat that walked into my garage one sub zero (temperature) evening so I took him home.

I’m done with pussys currently as they require too much maintenance for my liking and think they rule the household!

Dogs have Masters.

Cats have servants.

Paul Norton said:

Dogs have Masters.

Cats have servants.

**err…hang on…****master???..**whose carrying the poop bag and scooper? eh? …(http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-tongue-out.gif)

Gee, I am quite often the dog’s pillow.

Cat stories, dog stories, are plenty of both to tell. (http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-smile.gif)Ya gotta love the critters, they add much to life.

David Maynard said:
Gee, I am quite often the dog’s pillow.

Oh! That brings to mind a 1970s collie story that my hands hurt too much to fully tell right now, but end result was she scammed Dad out of his pillow while he was stretched out on family room floor watching football.

Dogs may play dumb, but they are smart. They can be quite ingenious when it comes to getting something that they want.

and catz are many things, but no hobby. they are annoying, they are demanding, they are disturbing and they are family.

like this 16 year old named Tom (he has already outlived two Jerries)

Always remember, Dogs have Masters and Cats have slaves!

Paul