Large Scale Central

HO Free-mo

So I have become keenly aware of this new aspect of the hobby. Here is the link to the website that has set the standards for this brand of modular layouts. There is a group in the Spokane area. Now I have no inclination of getting back into HO. But I did retain some of my HO stuff for a static display of the St Maries River Railroad. I think this would be a great way to use my HO stuff and have fun with it without having HO at home. A couple small modules would allow me to play but not hog to much of my G budget.

Anybody into this?

Yup. Have been for years

Haven’t ever built a FreeMo module, but if I was to build something with all of my HO stuff, I would go FreeMo.

David,
I figured you might have. Does your group adhere to the free-mo standard. I really like the whole concept. It allows you to model your “thing” but insures adaptability. I also like the prototype Spirit. And the local group does not require or even stress membership. I think this is great way to go.

Glad I kept back my St Maries River Railroad stuff

Hmmm, maybe I could run my GN stuff.

It’s actually pretty cool for people that don’t want to go all in on an HO layout.

Devon, I belong to 2 HO FreMo groups. They both interpret the standards a bit differently. The NMRA group I belong to, is the least adherent to the standards.