Forums Modeling Other Scales
  • Topic: Lionel Train Show

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • November 30, 2014 12:55 PM EST

•  
      • Thanks

I just got back from a show in Crown Point, In, thought there would be some g scale but it was all O and N and whatever smaller scales, lot of stuff for sale, I guess I never paid that much attention to the smaller scales over the years did notice the pricing thought it was reasonable, WOW has those prices gone up, I do know now g scale is the best value, I know g scale has gone up, but those prices I can buy 2 g scale engines for the price of one I saw.

Just curious to see the feedback, maybe I have not been paying that close of attention?

Tom H

Big Springs & Jackpine RR

Cedar Lake, Indiana

• November 30, 2014 1:40 PM EST
      • Smoggy L.A., Left Coast

• Thanks

Yep everything has gone nutty prices wise. Even the cheap starter HO sets are now averaging over $80-100+, 5-6 years ago the same sets could be had for under $40.

Now you know why I collect the cheap battery powered N guage XTS train stuff for my microlayouts. Beats forking over $100 for N sfuff
      This post was edited by Vic Smith at November 30, 2014 1:54 PM EST
    • November 30, 2014 2:57 PM EST
      • Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

• Thanks

tom, I have been making that point for years. I want some HO cars, but at $35 to $40 for one of the cars I want, I can nearly buy a large scale boxcar. One of my fellow club members has a beautiful HO K4. For the street price of that gem, I could buy a large scale (diesel) locomotive and have change left over.

When I read or hear someone complain about the prices of Large scale stuff, I try and point to the price of some of the HO stuff on the market.

On the other hand, I picked up 3 lightly used HO cars today for $20 at a show. So deals can be had in all scales, if you look for them.

Shannon car Shops
      Home of the infamous leg lamp

I.A.R.R.R. Member #12

and King Butt Modeler

• November 30, 2014 6:14 PM EST
      • Burbank, CA

• Thanks

I know a person with an online train store that has "Z" scale Big Boys going just north of $1700!!! AND "Z" scale brass caboose for $115!

Forums Modeling Other Scales

Icon Legend

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is enabled
    HTML  is enabled

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel

Ads by Google