Large Scale Central

Operating on other peoples' layouts

Friday will be another day on the very large HO layout - freelance railway located in the coast region of the BC Central interior. Apparently there will be only 7 operators aka the bare minimum.

I’ll take my camera along, just in case I have time to shoot some pictures of the action.

Oh yeah, strictly verbal train orders (which keeps the gray matter nimble) in dark territory, all trains run as extras which means paying attention to the “radio” is a must; unless one really likes “surprises” and snide remarks.

Looking forward to some pix from you, Hans.

Since 2004, with our first “Invasion” to the Ottawa Valley, we have found visiting the creations of other people has become a major portion of our railroad adventure and to some degree a way of life.

As we have evolved from cruising in a sailboat to cruising in a travel trailer, we have been able to make some wonderful friends and expanded our cruising grounds to many areas. I don’t know if I could have imagined how this adventure called life would have ended up where it is, but we still enjoy it and are already forming up plans for next year.

You just have to relax and enjoy the ride.

I share your enjoyment of traveling in an RV and visiting other railroads, Ric. We travel in a small motorhome and I have run on railroads in NJ, PA, NH, AZ and Alaska (two different railroads in AK). I have gotten a lot of enjoyment from these adventures. They increase my enjoyment on our travels, and I have made some wonderful friends too.

Ed Headington

K&E Railroad

Lakeland, FL

I enjoy running aorund and operating on other people’s layouts…

However, my idea of ““roughing it””, is having to walk across the parking lot of the Hotel to get something to eat… :slight_smile:

Andy Clarke said:

I enjoy running aorund and operating on other people’s layouts…

However, my idea of ““roughing it””, is having to walk across the parking lot of the Hotel to get something to eat… :slight_smile:

or through the lobby…:wink: