Large Scale Central

Beethoven, Bach, Schubert ++

Learning Beethoven Mozart and Schubert piano music, specially Beethovens #29, 30, 32; watching/listening to Wagner’s Ring on a big screen w/Magnepans.

Good luck!

What about the rest of the boys in the band?..Chopin etc., (LOL)

When young, I did learn many of the Preludes, Etudes, Waltzes, Now I am learning the Gm Ballade. It’ll take @ a year.

When young, I did learn many of the Preludes, Etudes, Waltzes, Now I am learning the Gm Ballade. It’ll take @ a year.

I’ve spent the last few years learning the Bach Cello Suites, transcribed for French Horn. I enjoy playing them on my Horn, but I don’t recommend that anyone listen.

I used to “Pretend” to play the French horn…but with a tin ear…I was never any good at it. I did however learn to appreciate GOOD music, and the wonderful sounds on the horn.

Today I cringe when some (Most) of this noise called music hits me at high volume, just about everywhere I go.

I don’t care if I ever hear what is called “A band” today…so little is really music.

Music is supposed to be wonderful on the ears, but this repetitious, overly loud noise crap called music, is to me just noise, to be avoided at all costs. The higher the volume, the worse it is…

OK…so some may enjoy it…that is their choice.I’m also called old fashioned…but; if it hurts to listen, and I mean, hurts my ears…then it sure isn’t anything but NOISE, for my ears.

A “Band” to me is when I see a variety of wind instruments, and a few drums, playing poular stuff like the old Boston Pops used to play, from a good bandshell, without the new GIANT black boxes, which amplify everything beyond reason.

This is just me, but I do hear more and more people agreeing with me. Some are even enlightened young people from the latest generation. They don’t often voice that preference out loud, as their peers tend to chastise them as being old fashioned…

Ok…so I’m sermonizing…but it would be nice to see if anyone has the same feelings as I do, here amongst the railroaders…

Fr.Fred

Hey maybe you or Steve can be the 100th and 101st to finish Shubert’s “Unfinished”! Of course to show you the unsavory crowd I ran around with when I asked “how about Shubert?” all I got back was “wot flavor?” Oh well, tin ears I guess.

:wink:

Don McLean probably said it best.

…I do like vanilla…

Fred Mills, BSc, BS, SD said:

…I do like vanilla…

In the music department I go for eclectic and selective.

Ed Halo said:

Don McLean probably said it best.

Who is Don McLean, and what did he say?

Bye Bye American Pie…

Sean McGillicuddy said:

Bye Bye American Pie…

The “peer reviewed” analyses of American Pie from Harvard.

https://www.cfa.harvard.edu/~jdevor/links/TheMeaningOfAmericanPie.htm

Rather than referring to classical music it refers to classic Rock 'n Roll.

Love to listen to classical WQED on the way in to work. Calms me down, starts my mind working, and just sounds good. Love the violin and harpsichord together.

Harvard schmarvard… the five words that end the phrase.

Ed Halo said:

Harvard schmarvard… the five words that end the phrase.

Sixteen years before Don McLean’s long ode to Buddy Holly, Chuck Berry summed it up with “Roll over Beethoven”

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ykCYwhfdMs[/youtube]

Toccata and Fugue in D minor by J. S. Bach

Fantastic! And, the music ain’t half bad, either!

[youtube]http://youtu.be/6JX13LwnZss