Making the Railroad Scenes in the Lone Ranger Movie

[youtube]http://youtu.be/mdXTXWpIYgQ

That was very cool, thanks.

Nice. Thanks.

Cool.
One of these days I’ve got to see the movie :wink:
Ralph

That was really cool.

BTW: Most of the movie was shot in New Mexico… Some of it near me.

Does anybody know what happened to this railroad after the movie was completed? ?:p?

Disney probably had to return the sites to original condition…

I was watching the above video again and happen to notice that at 00:24 the Constitution’s lettering is all backasswards in that shot. I hate when Hollywood does that. Here is a snapshot of that clip…

BTW, Ostensibly steam-powered, the locos they built were merely fitted with smoke and steam effects. The real power came from hidden hydraulics and diesel motors and they had a computer for a driver.

NOW I WANT TO GO SEE THE MOVIE!!! Paul

It’s available to rent on a few of the streaming services (Amazon, VuDu etc.). Personally I like VuDu - 1080p with Doby Digital + sound for $6 - I get it via a Roku streaming player. I also got to watch this clip on the buig screen via Roku. It was cool! Thanks Steve ;]

Hey Jon,

When are you going to fix your CVS Ry. logo in your signature line?

Why, whats wrong with it?

I guess it’s on my end. I see it as a broken link. I use Firefox 27.0.1 It shows up using Opera. I will investigate my Firefox browser. Sorry Jon.

Jon,

I added Ghostery a while back and just found that it was blocking your Facebook link as a tracker. I allowed it for now and your logo is fine. Again, I’m sorry to have bothered you.

No problem Joe. That’s good information I didn’t know about.

That logo is was a Facebook badge hosted at FB and probably is a tracker.

I think can host the image myself and still keep it as a link to my FB page.

I’ll look into that over the weekend.

DONE - Turn off the allow and see if it works now.

That is a really good video. Thank you for posting. Like the others said I need to see this movie.

Doc Tom

Jon Radder said:

No problem Joe. That’s good information I didn’t know about.

That logo is was a Facebook badge hosted at FB and probably is a tracker.

I think can host the image myself and still keep it as a link to my FB page.

I’ll look into that over the weekend.

DONE - Turn off the allow and see if it works now.

Nice work Jon. The badge shows up and Ghostery doesn’t see it as a tracker.

We rented the movie last night. I found it better than the reviewers did. Quite funny in many spots. I have to admit that knowing how some of the shots were filmed did spoil the illusion a bit - but still good.