Large Scale Central

Who is Todus2 on Youtube ??

I know I have seen this RR posted here, but can’t remember who it is. Fantastic detali;…

Good question. It’s a really good layout. I want to know if he weathers all that stock himself or sends 'em out somewhere. Somebody has talent.

I feel like quoting Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid when they were being chased all over Bolivia…“Who ARE those guys???”

That’s Mike Dorsh’s layout, He’s the guy building the really nice modern flat car in another thread he also build 7 gondola’s for me. Great guy and a great modeler.

I knew I’d seen it here before. Thanks Nick. I’ve subscribed to his channel on my Roku Youtube player and really enjoy his videos on the big screen.

John Passaro said:

Good question. It’s a really good layout. I want to know if he weathers all that stock himself or sends 'em out somewhere. Somebody has talent.

I feel like quoting Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid when they were being chased all over Bolivia…“Who ARE those guys???”

Yes John he does it all himself and is very good at it.

Like Nick said… Great modeler and very nice layout.
You can see how much work and detail goes in to it by the video.

Jon Radder said:

I knew I’d seen it here before. Thanks Nick. I’ve subscribed to his channel on my Roku Youtube player and really enjoy his videos on the big screen.

Which caused me to ask what the heck is Roku youtube player…a search tells me for $50, a high-definition cable, and wireless internet, you can play anything you want on your hdtv tv set. Is that right? It says no hidden costs but I have a hard time believing that. Call me a comcast customer.

Roku is a streaming video player. It gets NetFlix, Vimeo, Facebook, Amazon Video and many other on-line services. I just upgraded to Roku3 which is HD only with a faster processor. Only the Roku3 can get Youtube App. List is $99 but it goes on sale for $79.

Some apps are totally free (you need to give an email address) and others have fees. Netflix is a monthly fee; Amazon and other video on demand services are rental or purchase fee. There are several free video services that have older movies.

Thanks for the praise guys . I am happy you like what I try to do with my railroad . Making the videos is fun . I like the effect my older Panasonic SDR-H80 video camera gives me. When its bright outside it kinda blurrs the background. I have a disco smoke machine somewhere around here and am gonna try it out this year. I’m wondering if it will give the videos even more depth. Anyway I do the weathering on all the stuff myself. My wife sometimes shakes her head when she gets me a car for my birthday or Christmas and I take it down to my workshop and get it all grimy and such, I cant wait to get the CJM back running again but its still frozen .

You’re welcome Mike. I’m looking forward to the next installments.

This is wonderful work. Do you hire out your weathering talents, or does your own layout keep you busy full-time?

Thanks Catherine , I never considered doing just the weathering as a side job kinda thing. I did build some gondola cars a while back but I spent way too much time on them for what I actually made. That said I love seeing them used by others. I think i’ll do a video someday on how I do my weathering. It’s really not that hard. My railroad is still under alot of ice and snow so it will be a while till the ground thaws out and I get to see what the winter has done to me.