Large Scale Central

Grade Crossing Collision

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2544843/They-wrong-tracks-Watch-moment-miniature-train-collides-car-nearly-flips-over.html

…thought the engineer always kept an eye on the right of way…

Nearly Flips Over ???

Lifted yes, but nowhere close to a flip, Dang Sensationalizing…

Trains still don’t stop on a dime, Momentum is still in play…

Moron driver for parking there, what were they thinking, or NOT thinking…

Well the car has stalled they could have pushed off track. Engineer should have been able to stop his small train which may have been doing 10mph. Must not have been paying attention either. Looks like he had good sight distance to avoid the impact. Later RJD

Well, you cant fix stupid. “Why don’t we park there, those aren’t real train tracks” :stuck_out_tongue:

It does appear the engineer should have seen it in plenty of time however I wouldn’t be at all surprised if the only brakes on the train were the engine brakes and with the load it was pulling a quick stop probably wasn’t possible.

this only proves that some people should not be allowed out of the “Home”. Let alone be allowed to drive a car! Likely drive they “wrong way on the freeway” as well! And this is why your auto insurance is so costly.

Paul A

Unfortunately, this could mean the end of the railroad. I see some pencil pusher looking at this incident and saying its too dangerous to run trains. Even though it was the idiot driver of the car.

Crunch! Waaaaaah!

CROWN Amusement park trains dont have brakes on the whole train just the locomotive if that. I know for a fact that one of the Disney trains does not have brakes. My wife has operatee a Crown amusement park train and she says that to stop, you just release the throttle. This appears to be a C.P. Huntington which made by Chance Rides and all wheels have brakes.

My wife and I were in a real one…, in the train. We were riding on the Santa Fe Southern and when going through town, the train struck a pick-up that was sitting out into the intersection too close to the tracks.

They took everyones names/addresses on the train (as witnesses) and even though the train struck the pick-up, the pick-up is considered at fault. Whole thing took about 45 minutes and we were on our way again. The pick-up had to be towed.

Jokingly, I asked the attendant, “How often does this happen?” She replied, “Second time this week alone.” I guess its a regular occurance there.