Large Scale Central

Bachmann Brass Rail Joiners

With 24 in a package, I have installed fifteen at this point in my layout reconstruction. To my observation, there is no difference in electrical continuity or “holding power” between Bachmann’s, USA, LGB, or PIKO’s products. The price on the Ana.kramer( Al Kramer) web site is $12.95 for the package of 24 – no shipping charge. With all considered, price may be the singular determinate feature – it was for me.

Wendell

Well overall in time they will fail if out doors. There may not be any difference in your observation but they will not hold up over time. Later RJD

I am surprised that the brass quality and strength would be comparatively inferior.
Have other readers had a negative experience using them over time? I thought, since Bachmann has recently offered solid brass tack, their brass joiners were also new to the market. Mine are installed with the Kramer invention, the “Conductor” four-screws-with-plate connectors that install over the brass joiners.

Further evaluation on my part shows no difference in material thickness between the Bachmann and LGB’s connectors.

Wendell

ONE CAUTION…

The Bachmann rail joiners, per above, have two differing heights for each side. The taller side goes on the outside of the rail – the shorter inside. If not to this configuration, the wheel flanges will ride up over the joiner.
Wendell