Large Scale Central

Championship

Maybe this is way off the track, but is anyone watching the world chess championship? I hope that young Norwegian Catholic kid beats the heck out of the older very-likeable champion from Indian. What’s really great is that there are NO Soviet Union players in sight! So far the games have been really tough fights with both guys showing lots of resourcefulness and guts. I haven’t been this interested since Bobby Fischer beat the Russian in Iceland.

I don’t know if I’m getting up at three o’clock this morning to watch it live here:

http://chennai2013.fide.com/fide-world-chess-championship-2013-live/

but I just might! Maybe I’ll weather a locomotive while I’m watching!

I haven’t followed chess for a very long time now, but my laptop and I go round and round. I’m only on level three, but I have a better than 50% rating beating the computer. LOL

Anyway, I was on my high schools chess team. I was okay. About average.

Today, I play for fun, but I am very aggressive when I play. Willing to sacrifice pieces for overall victory. Which does not sit well with many chess purest. LOL

Anyway, chess is a true gentleman’s game and I absolutely love playing it.

Very very unusual opening she’s got working there…hmmmmmm, and where does she think she’s goin’ with that Queen? Of course, could be I’m focussed on the wrong issue.

And, oh by the way, last month the Indian Anand fought off no fewer than SEVEN Soviet players to earn a rematch this November against our fair-haired Norwegian boy!

Soviet? Did I miss something? :wink:

Chess is a very stimulating game as evidenced by the above picture posted. Very stimulating indeed!

:wink: