Large Scale Central

Mt biking

The last week I have been working on a Mt bike loop in my backyard. Its a combination of xc and ramps. Mt biking is another of my many hobbies. Vic was interested in seeing it so I made a video of the loop. I don’t normally talk to myself. Just a warning the video is shaky, its not easy walking and holding a camera steady. Anyway enjoy the walking tour. One more thing, Shut up Rooster.

http://youtu.be/hXX91863a24

Hey Shawn, did you got a GoPro yet?

Not yet HJ. Im thinking about getting one. It would be great for trains, xc skiing and biking.
I’m guessing the go pro would be more stable when moving?

Shawn,
I can bring over my 4 wheeler and tear that up for you?
I used to love Mtn biking, we should try to start planning rides.

That would be awesome Nico. There is a nice Mt bike loop in High Point with some crazy stuff. Let me know when you want to ride. The 4 wheeler is to wide. I dirt bike would be perfect. Have to keep it single track and lots of turns. I just finished building a dirt jump with a ramp to land on.

Know any good orthopedic doctors, Shawn?..:wink:

Haha Ken, no but I better put one on speed dial lol…

Sweet dang it would be nice to have enough land to do that. Do you have problems with poison sumac back there? Seams every place out here that looks like that is just overrun with the stuff.

Vic no poison sumac. We have some poison ivy but mainly along the edge of the field. Its mainly oaks, maple, cherry and hickory. Understory is spicebush. The biggest issue we have is the rocks. Cant dig more then an inch without hitting rocks. Little by little the path is getting smooth. I have a few nice boulders that I plan on adding ramps to.

Having been there, it was fun to see. Walking the dog that early morning, I was able to see your “rock garden” in the woods. Looks like you are putting it to good use. You’ve got a great place there, maybe its your destiny. :wink:

I’m thinking the same thing Ric. If Shawn sells and moves to some small plot of land I don’t think he’ll be happy for long. Going to need to find a farm somewhere where taxes are low. Maybe keep a few animals to hang on to the agricultural assessment.

Actually, that is what he should do with what he has now. Shawn, you can grow rocks. You need a good agricultural accountant. The railroad should be a total write off purely for advertising.