Large Scale Central

Last release of MTH Dash 8s

I noticed the sound on the last release was much better. It’s not only way louder, if you want it to be, it’s a better sound set overall with a better sounding horn to me. I had gotten only one of them as I was out of work for a while and it was the only one left at stores.

Just now I got another from Ray here on the forum. It also has some detailing improvements like the blacked out screens and door insets.

here’s a quick lap outback

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fCIJfGSePE&feature=youtu.be

I’m hoping MTH stays in the game and releases their next gauge 1 diesel!

The MTH diesels run fantastic, I never bought the Dash 8 but I have two of the VO1000 switchers and the detail, sound, and performance is great.

Much better running then there attempt at steam I must say, I have a NYC Hudson from what must be the first release and that had to have the whole drive system replaced, still not happy with how it runs but it does look nice at least.

And I also hope they decide to continue, I just picked up a bunch of MTH cars a few months ago so I could have some matching rolling stock for the three engines I have from them.

ANY MTH stuff here in yUK is as rare as a churchwarden’s smile, in fact I’ve only ever seen ONE GS4 and Dash-8 - with different owners. Another guy has a SP PA ABBA set and a few cars, and that’s it, as far as I know. Another pal has a Challenger and a Big Boy.

The ‘dealer’ hereabouts resides somewhere in the Channel Islands, and has an on/off relationship with Mr Wolf that makes supplies ‘interesting’, to say the least. About five years ago I asked about a PA set in SP of my own, and was told there were none to be had. The next thing I saw was a fellow train nut with the above-noted set…

I emole him and told him to go pee up a rope - I guess that cooked it for me, and I’ve never tried to get anything else since. It’s a real pity - there is no doubt that the sounds with the DCS system are truly awesome. My all-time favourite - an announcement that brings a lump to my throat - is found on John’s PA set - ‘Train 15, Track number 1 - City of Portland!’

Sigh.

Wisht’ I was back there right now, me.

tac

These are getting rare around here!

One thing that always surprised me, they make a limited number of things to keep the value up. If you don’t get it when you can, you have to hope that someone will part with theirs later on. I thought you could just walk into a store and if they didn’t have it, you could order it. Not if it’s past the time window during the release period. Something I had to get used to. So now, I’m hoping they release more modern stuff soon!!

I wouldn’t get your hopes up of MTH releasing anything new…or anything at all in 1-Gauge anytime soon.

:frowning:

tac, ig, ken the GFT & The Track Five Boys

I still have faith that they’re in the game. They’re releasing so many scales, that G, must be in the back seat. I wonder if there were any issues developing the new DCC/DCS board for G scale? I was told they delayed it again. Urggggg.

I really hope they continue also, and if they do I hope they change to better wheel sets on there rolling stock!
What they have on there now collects more track gunk on them than anything I have ever seen.