Large Scale Central

QSI Titan, tips and tricks

Not really a review, but there’s some new features in the Titan that can use some more explanation, and new things that you want to set first.

In particular, setting the auto chuff rate is a two step process, entering the scale size of the drivers, and then the “gear ratio”.

Seems like more complication, but once set, then the scale miles per hour are set, the odometer function works (can tell you the scale number of miles run over lifetime) and of course the chuffs are right.

Also, once set you can change the number of chuffs per revolution with a single command just to do this.

Also, the Titan now will drive the fan motor in a smoke unit and pulse it in exact sync with the chuff.

The smoke unit heater can also be controlled, and it needs to be controlled since you can melt things down from too much heat, most elements work on 6 or 7 volts.

So, not a commercial here, although I’ve been helping QSI do beta testing.

Links to my site:

http://www.elmassian.com/trains/dcc-battery-rc-electronics/dcc/specific-manufacturers/qsi-equipment/qsi-titan

Greg

Hey Greg,

Will this new Titan sound unit work with the Aristo Revolution?

Chuck

Yes, it has trigger inputs. I have not experimented with which way is the best way to connect the motor, to the Revo, or the Titan, but yes, there are several trigger inputs and this was done specifically to support R/C systems like the Revo and to also allow reed switches.

If you look on my page, you see a diagram and a number of triggers near the top of the diagram.

Greg