Large Scale Central

Watch It!

[b]Just took delivery of a dandy new pocket watch this morning. I went to a pocket watch because I kept forgetting to take my wrist watch off before working in the shop and was constantly getting it clogged with sawdust requiring it to be thoroughly cleaned. I thought the watch might be of interest to some here because of the engraving I had done at a very reasonable price…

The RR herald was done off of a full color image I emailed to the company for only $19. My name was an additional $8. J. McKinley is having a sale right now. I don’t know how long it’ll last but the savings are pretty good and both battery and wind up watches are on sale. There are some nice watches shown for as little as $64 as well as a few real “cheapies” if that’s your desire. http://www.charleshubertpocketwatches.com/index.htm FYI - My Watch #3534 battery $90 (reg. $135). Water resistant stainless case and Swiss quartz movement. Logo engraving $19. Name engraving $8. Shipping $15.95 Ordered on a Thursday; engraved and shipped on Monday from Dallas; received today (Friday) via FedEx. Very nice quality watch and I can attest to its reliability as I’ve had it part of a day now and it’s still running. :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley: Comes with a very nice free chain in a cloth pouch with a wipe cloth and instructions. All packed in a double box. A very nice presentation if wanted for a gift. I have no connection with this company, just a customer. I now not only am on time but I have a real genuine Port Orford Coast Railroad watch. I wonder if some poor soul many years from now who comes into possession of the watch will be combing through local history books looking for mention of a long lost railroad that once served the Port Orford, Oregon area. hehehe! :wink: [/b]

That looks so cool Richard. Love the engraving. But you know that guy over in the UK is gonna want one now. :wink:

Yeh Randy but it’ll probably cost twice as much over there. Of course there’s no doubt in my mind that his time is twice as valuable as mine. :slight_smile:

What a neat idea! You need to give one to everyone that visits. :smiley: :smiley:

Bruce Chandler said:
What a neat idea! You need to give one to everyone that visits. :D :D
Well I guess that would assure me of a constant supply of operators (in more way than one). hehe!

Your herald would look especially good on a watch by the way.

I like that a lot!

Richard,

So they retired you? Cheap Bastards didn’t even pop for the gold model.

Ric Golding said:
Richard,

HEEE HEEE HHEEEE, Love that!!!

Richard,
That is a dandy watch, love the engraving. Hmmmm if Bruce’s idea works out that means I have at least 2
coming. You can just mail them :slight_smile:

I understand what your saying about the hazards of wrist watches. I went to pocket watches about 40 years
ago because of the electro-magnetic field created when using the spot welder in the shop.
It only takes about an hour to burn up most wrist watches, including the anti-magnetic ones.

Rick.

Ric Golding said:
Richard,

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
I did pretty good though. The last guy got a sundial! Of course the “cheap bastard” is me. hehe!

For you disturbed fellows with delusions…your watches are in the mail. Watch for them. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Richard:

As a long time fan of pocket watches, you have a really great timepiece there!

Really a unique piece. Your thought that some future antique collector would try researching the POCRR is also really intriguing.

Happy RRing,

Jerry

“For you disturbed fellows with delusions”

Think there might quite a few fellows around here that are delusional. :slight_smile:

That is beautiful Richard , and a really nice idea , I prefered a pocket watch myself for a long time .

Jerry and Dennis,
This is only my second pocket watch. While wrist watches are prone to easy damage I managed somehow to damage my old pocket watch. Fortunately it was just a cheapie but I could probably buy two new ones just like it for what it’d cost to repair this one; I bent the stem. I still don’t know how I did it. I pulled it from my pocket and it was damaged ??!!??

Anyway the new watch is a lot of fun.
Progress report: Almost 24 hours and it’s still running! :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

David Russell said:
....:)....
Gee Rooster I didn't know you felt that way...... ;)
Richard Smith said:
For you disturbed fellows with delusions.....your watches are in the mail. [b]Watch[/b] for them. ;) :P
Mine didn't make it in today's mail, but I'm camped out near the mailbox until it gets here. I'm sure it will be here Tuesday.