Large Scale Central

More Fall Hiking

Today I had a chance to do a loger hike localy. This one started about 15 minute drive from my house at Culvers Gap. I started out on the Appalachian tr. and took it to the fire tower. From their I took the Tower trail back down and finshed on the coursen tr. Temps were cool upper 40’s and cloudy. Colors for the most part are past peak but I did manage to get a few decent shots. No bears today I usually see at least one. Yesterday I saw one on my hike but had no camera.

Nice. I was leaving home just after sunrise this morning. The sunrise light was just hitting the top of the next hill behind my house which was still in dusky shadow. It was the best color show so far this year :smiley:

It is pleasing to see pics of Fall colors. In this neck of the woods Fall colors are limited. They are usually October , well into November, but sadly strong winds remove a great many leaves before they charge to the deeper reddish colors. Drive a few miles inland and it is better - more trees and more color.

nice scenery Shawn

We weren’t hiking, but Fall has always been my favourite time of year and on yesterday’s large loop through the mountains we saw some fantastic colours. Yellow Aspen and Tamarack mixed in with the green Fir, Hemlock, Spruce … whatever.

And the Larch!

Shawn,
Shouldn’t you be packing?

Hope all is going well.

David Maynard said:

And the Larch!

Tamarack is a Larch, last time I looked.

Hans, I dunno. I was just slipping into a bit of Monty Python there.

David Maynard said:

Hans, I dunno. I was just slipping into a bit of Monty Python there.

Oh! But who is he??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zey8567bcg

Not half bad, but …