Large Scale Central

CP through the Mountains

He who forever has to do just one more variation on endless themes (No just for Laughs isn’t one of them :stuck_out_tongue: :P) designed some simple “late it run and watch” N-scale layouts for a buddy in Germany. Space is at a premium and things have to run along the wall. Funny though, the longer I look at it the more I feel this could be done in the garden where there is marginally more room. Anyway I did three versions in N-scale aka electrified mice - here is ver1. The dimensions are in millimeters (naturally!)

I’ll have a kick at the can and see how that could be transposed to LS (1:29) aka Gummi-scale.

H-J, to my tired old eyes it looks to be a mite too busy for our larger scale, unless, perhaps, you had Golden BC in mind…

Not saying it wouldn’t be interesting, mind, just simplicate it a bit so that there can be a real continuous run without the hassle of those ten billion switches. To MY mind the best bit is the bottom right-hand corner, nice and empty feeling, like most of the CPR really is…

Best

tac

OK, not bad but without the third dimension i.e. elevations, it is hard to tell what is going on. Yes, we can use vertical separation in G Scale just as we did in HO, but it is some what harder. HJ, some of the curves are a bit tight are they not?

Paul

Sheesh guys, it’s N-scale … but I kicked the can. Check in Track and Trestles.

Friend of mine modelled part of the CPR in AB - it was 18 feet of single track with a grain elevator on a transfer yard - very little else, but it looked soooooooooooooo real to anybody who had ever seen the real deal. It won the layout of the year comp in ‘Continental modeller’ a few years back. If I could have bought it I would.

tac

Yep and that usually means/meant one train a week, too. The ideal situation to relax by since you get sooooo much time to study the minute details. :smiley:

PS minute details: ground hog holes, labels on the discarded beer bottles in the ditch, pieces of clothing on the scarecrow in the field, amount of bird crap under the eaves of the elevator. Any of that missing? Better not be!

Aaaaaaaaaaah, reality.

There’s nothing really like it, y’know.

tac