Large Scale Central

WBL&SF

I have wandered back to HO scale.
This past weekend the White Bear Lake & Santa Fe RR began purchasing equipment. This short line is set in the modern period as a tourist railroad and a common carrier, so steam and diesels will be operated. The locomotive roster includes a Santa Fe FT A-B set, a Santa Fe freight FT A-B set, a B30-7, and a 2-10-2 steam locomotive.

I am building a modular layout. I will be building 6 inch wide track modules & 12 to 18 inch wide scenery modules. This way I can use the track modules with my On30 trains. Corner modules will be 30" square.
Mainline minimum radius is projected to be 26".

Roger
Chief Engineer, C&R Railroad Group

White Bear Lake & Santa Fe RR [HO]
Coyote Ridge RR [On30]
Post Oak & Otter Lake RR [LS]

Caddo Mills TX

Any drawn out plans yet?

No plans drawn yet. I’m going to start with the 4 corners. They will be 32" squares with an approx. 28" radius. Still debating whether to use Bachmann EZ track 28" Radius or Kato Unitrack 730mm (28 3/4") Radius. The corners will be single track.

Roger
WBL & SF RR

Looking forward to the progress, sounds neat!

Building of the Joint Line began when school was out on the 8th and has progressed. The benchwork was completed today. Tomorrow the foam will be cut and laid. Track laying should begin next week. It’s a lot cooler working on the railroad inside than in the 100+ temperture outside with the large scale POOL RR.
The portable layout construction will start when the Joint Line is operational.
There was also a name change to the HO. It is now the Gulf, Colorado & Santa Fe Railroad.

Roger
Coyote Ridge RR/Gulf, Colorado & Santa Fe RR Joint Line
Post Oak & Otter Lake Railroad