Large Scale Central

So I bought some stuff to try

A few switches and track ,Micro Engineering, and a Bachmann 2-8-0 and some rolling stock…all from Micro Mark…

Pulled the decoder set it to DC. Hooked up an Airwire decoder to the track for “sophisticated” 128 step, DCC like output to the motor and ran it on a 9 foot section of track with one 3 foot siding.

Results. Very pleased with the look. Not so much with slow speed operation…like what I’d do backing a car into a siding. There’s a very noticeable “hitch”… “slowdown” of the drivers at slow speed at the same point in every rotation of the drivers. At a speed that I would consider “running on the main track” but still slow it was fine.

Opinions???

Sooooo…afterwards, I went out an ran my live steam K36…OyVey…sweet :wink:

I also Bought a Gn15 Mine engine and 3 ore cars from Ozark to compare against the On30…not here yet.

One of the two will stay the other will get sold at about 60% of whatever I paid. I can’t keep both after all.

Did you lube the loco and have you had it long enough to be broken in properly?

If you decide not to go with the Gn15 I’d like to buy the ore cars. I have one from Dave and need more.

On that slower speed operation, would an n scale transformer work better?

larry mosher said:
I also Bought a Gn15 Mine engine and 3 ore cars ...
Are you familiar with this outfit? http://forum.gn15.info/index.php

I just got back to it a couple weeks ago. I belonged but the layout wasn’t ready for another layout within a layout. I’m getting close so I figure I’ll get involved again.

Hi Guys,

doh :frowning: Nope…was that what the little bag of black powder was for??

Sent the Gn15 stuff back to Ozark…didn’t like the looks of it. Dave was happy to have me return it.

Joined Gn15info…we’ll see…

The little bag of ‘black powder’ is 0n30 ‘coal’.

tac
www.ovgrs.org
Supporter of the Cape Meares Lighthouse Restoration Fund

Good thing I didn’t open it :slight_smile:

My winter plans include converting a Bachman On30 0-4-0 to Cn15 . Since my mine is an “old west” type mine the 0-4-0 will fit in a lot better.

Doug Arnold said:
On30 0-4-0 to Cn15
Uhh, Gn15? You do know about here, yes? http://forum.gn15.info/index.php [b]The GnATTERbox Gn15.info's discussion board[/b]

I like their site and I belong to the group but never seem to have enough time to get active like I should.