Forums General Reviews
  • Topic: Bachmann Davenport comment

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • March 6, 2010 9:03 PM EST

•  
      • Thanks

Purchased 2 of the 1/20.3 Bachmann Davenports yesterday , snap purchase , thought they looked good .
      Anyway its been 5 months or so since I have operated ANY train , between the winter weather and flying rc helis inside the house , so the brass LGB rail was NOT clean , and many leaves from the fall were still on the layout , and big twigs also , took the Davenports out of their boxes , man they are heavy , placed them on the track with a AC trackcleaner car in front and one behind and turned them on , coupled together , ............................they ran fine , of course the trackcleaner car would jump the track because of the leaves buildup or large twigs , but other than that they made good rail power pickup from the darkened brass rail , they sure surprized me a lot .
      Anyway I just wanted to comment on these heavy little locos and their operation on less than perfect track conditions .

I always wished for locos that would look as good as the Bachmanns , but operate like LGB's , maybe someday , maybe .
    • March 7, 2010 7:00 AM EST
      • Southern Illinois

• Thanks

Dennis,
      Thanks for the review. If you have the time sure would like some pictures. Our weather has turned very Spring Like. R/C Helicopters inside? Helen is a saint.
Forums General Reviews

Icon Legend

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is enabled
    HTML  is enabled

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel

Ads by Google