Large Scale Central

Youtube Review on Coal Hoppers

Having never had any hands on experience with USA and Aristo Coal Hoppers, I recently obtained a few new cars to have a look at and help me decide which one i wanted to build a new train with.
I made a short video showing the details of each. Hope this helps you decide which you like if your looking too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfub41lLuS0

Have a look at my other G scale videos too, and please comment. thanks

Interesting video Jason.

For those of who don’t have a large acreage to build our railroad upon, space naturally, is as much a factor as appearance and details.

I, therefore, decided upon the Aristo 2-bay hoppers which are similar to the 100T Aristo one you have portrayed but does include a reasonable appearance coal load. I retro fit them with metal wheels. The undecs are great for personal railroad names and come, as you may know, in two colors.
They do look quite at home with Bachmann 1:22.5 EBT Big Hauler hoppers. (I know in reality they were totally differing widths and heights) but over here in the UK few observers will know that. lol The Bachmann EBT hoppers are easily modified for own road names. (Sorry EBT aficionados lol)

I do have two of the Aristo 100T hoppers; one of which is used as a battery car and has perforated cover which I made as protection.

Thanks for adding that, I did want to show an Aristo 2 bay but I dont own one and they seem to be scarce right now. Not alot of names to choose from. At least There were none i could find that i was thrilled about. How would you compare them size wise to the EBT? thanks for posting.