Forums General Reviews
  • Topic: What can you tell me

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • October 19, 2009 8:16 PM EDT

•  
      • Thanks

What can you tell me about the Lionel Pennsylvania flyer g gauge set? How's it compare to a big hauler? Have decent detail for the price? Run pretty good? Any comments?
    • October 20, 2009 12:51 AM EDT

•  
      • Thanks

Dennis,
      sounds like the 0-4-0 locomotive and very coarse scale coaches. The coaches follow the American Flyer/Williams tradition of shadowy figure heads in opaque windows. Very coarse trucks and wheels on the coaches. The loco is a typical Lionel largescale 0-4-0, looking similar to an Aristo 0-4-0 (good or bad, up to you to decide)? Always listed on eBay in sets, or component items, or as spare parts. Could also have been the Thunder Mountain set.

I believe this was the locomotive in the set.

http://cgi.ebay.com/LIONEL-G-GAUGE-5105-PENNSYLVANIA-STEAM-ENGINE_W0QQitemZ300358367972QQcmdZViewItemQQptZModel_RR_Trains?hash=item45eec0fae4
    • October 20, 2009 7:17 PM EDT

•  
      • Thanks

This is the set I'm looking at. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390098634630&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT Is it as nice as it looks? No stores around here have one and I woundered if anyone has seen it in person. Don't really care about the cars, just the engine. Do they run good? Thanks
    • October 20, 2009 11:57 PM EDT

•  
      • Thanks

Dennis,
      that looks very much like the Polar Express loco. Do yourself a favour and pass on this. They are not scale models and have not had good reviews when compared to other largescale items.
    • October 22, 2009 6:49 PM EDT

•  
      • Thanks

If not even as nice as a big hauler I guess I'll pass. Thanks for the help.
    • October 23, 2009 9:02 PM EDT

•  
      • Thanks

For full details, check Tower Hobbies web site -- their trains section. They identify three Lionel sets - per the same loco - as battery powered (C cells) along with other details listed.
      Wendell
Forums General Reviews

Icon Legend

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is enabled
    HTML  is enabled

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel

Ads by Google