Large Scale Central

New Article Posted: The evolution of my railroad

A new article titled ‘The evolution of my railroad’
has been submitted by Jon Radder

http://www.largescalecentral.com/articles/view.php?id=55

Well, it’s not exactly new. I added two pages bringing the history forward to about 2003. Lots still needs to be added.

Some interesting ideas. Need to open my eyes more

It’s interesting to see how people get started in this hobby. And how they’re layouts evolve.

Slow morning at work. Page 4 has been added :smiley: We are starting to get outdoors now.

That is excellant and now preserved even if your home computer blows up. Unknown by many, the “Articles” portion of this site is the best off site storage files you could find. Even better than the salt mines of Kansas.
I urge everyone to get some files out here to preserve their railroads offsite. History may some day be important. Huh?

Jon, new pictures once again? I sure don’t remember the construction pictures of the retaining wall with the inspectors. Great shots!

Ric Golding said:
That is excellant and now preserved even if your home computer blows up. Unknown by many, the "Articles" portion of this site is the best off site storage files you could find. Even better than the salt mines of Kansas. I urge everyone to get some files out here to preserve their railroads offsite. History may some day be important. Huh?

Jon, new pictures once again? I sure don’t remember the construction pictures of the retaining wall with the inspectors. Great shots!

Just remember that the photos never leave the space where you originally post them from,so if you clean up your freight shed, change picture hosts, etc., the pictures in your articles might break.

Those pictures were all posted over at MLS years ago, probably 2003, including the inspectors :smiley:

I never delete any pictures that I have posted. When I left MLS I copied all the pictures to a new host. I left them all behind in my first-class space so the old posts would retain their pictures, but sprocket deleted them all so now all my old posts there are broken. I fixed quite a few old posts here that pointed to MLS storage when that happened. It is a real pain to do.

The point I am trying to make is that I am going through all of those old pictures in my web space, trying to put together a time line, then creating the article using the historic photos. It’s fun, but can really tax the brain :slight_smile: