Large Scale Central

Good Book

I just got my Logging Railroads of the Blue ridge and smokey mountains. What a great book. It gave me a ton of ideas for my RR. The book has a lot of great pictures and great maps of the lines. For those that dont have it, especially you guys in the southern Appalachians, this is a must. The price range I have seen this go for is 35 being the low end to well over a hundred bucks.

Shawn…,

How much is a “ton of ideas?” Is this a long ton, short ton, metric ton, shipping ton, or Imperial ton?

It does make a difference.

Glad you enjoyed the book. :lol:

Steve Featherkile said:
Shawn....,

How much is a “ton of ideas?” Is this a long ton, short ton, metric ton, shipping ton, or Imperial ton?

It does make a difference.

Glad you enjoyed the book. :lol:

I have to say as in a never ending ton LOL. There are some great shots of wooden rails that were used as well. Thats got me thinking about a possible spur made with wood ties. Especially since I will have a lot more space. See the ideas just keep coming

Shawn,
There are a plethora of logging books out there. More for Left Coast. But logging is logging, right.
I’m always on the lookout for logging books to add to my collection.
My newest ones are “Log Trains of Southern Idaho”, and a re-issue of “Mallets on the Mendocino Coast.”
I’m still working on getting you a signed copy of Klamath.

John Bouck said:
Shawn, There are a plethora of logging books out there. More for Left Coast. But logging is logging, right. I'm always on the lookout for logging books to add to my collection. My newest ones are "Log Trains of Southern Idaho", and a re-issue of "Mallets on the Mendocino Coast." I'm still working on getting you a signed copy of Klamath.
This is my first so far. I would like to find some local ones but I dont think we really had many if any in my neck of the woods. The PA would be the closest and im sure NY had them but I cant find any books. Im looking forward to getting a signed copy. I heard a lot of great reviews on that book