Large Scale Central

Newqida Green 'TB' coach

This morning the first six of my eight Newqida green coaches arrived. First impression is excellent, well made and wheels run true with back to back within gauge limits. Minor cons are two ejection marks, about pin head size, on the roof and very slight marking of windows (minor assembly scratching). Best largescale value around. These are built really well and the finish is second to none. The green injection colour is a nice dark green and the stenciling is first rate. The body is a tight fit onto the chassis and in my case, one end of the chassis had lifted, allowing the end railing to separate from the roof moulding. The chassis was refitted sitting flush and the railing is now secure in the roof. Some criticism has been given by others, as to the soft-headed screws used in assembly.

Definately one of the best bargains around. I can now see why so much praise has been heaped on this product. Like the other items in the range, there is a definate ‘relationship’ to the other manufacturer. The coach is also available in red and blue finishes, but I definately am partial to the green colour.

Thanks Tim.
Who is selling these?

Dan Padova said:
Thanks Tim. Who is selling these?
http://www.hammondtoy.com/shop/agora.cgi?product=NEWQIDA%20TOYS%20FACTORY

Ralph

The Brits are snatching those up like crazy.

EPL did good job designing them, eh?

John,
no doubt as to the heritage of these items and the ethics involved have been debated, ad nauseum, on European forums. They are quite well made, but I seriously doubt long term reliability, although this is based only on the economics and not the quality of the item. My only real criticism is that they are assembled ‘on a budget’, as scratches on both the body and the clear window inserts are present on some cars. However, for $35.00 each, I am more than willing to accept some cosmetic marring of the product.

They have been around for several months now and Marklin are aware of their presence,  but to date,  no attempt to stifle production or distribution (at least in the States).  there has been some reports of the items being refused display in European trade shows.  They are 'CE' certified,  so have met current standards.

Has anyone tried their track & turnouts? I’m thinking about doing a TimeSaver and I use battery power so the plastic track would be fine (indoors).
Dave

Last two green coaches arrived today (eight total). Basically, the same pros and cons as previously posted. One car had superglue hazing on one end of a car, however, it wiped straight off with a damp cloth. One thing not noticed previously, is that the centre buffer, on some cars, extends beyond the adjacent loop coupling. On tight radii curves, this could result in buffer lock and derailment. The Newqida ‘clone’ coupling is the same dimension as the original source, so a method is needed to extend the tongue of the talgo mount or modify/reposition the coupler further away from the centre of the car. This would then allow some separation of the centre buffer faces when coupled. On one car the coupler mount screw was stripped. I used a longer coarse-thread LGB screw to fix the problem. I also replaced the white Newqida coupler springs with LGB items.

Pretty nice.

I have 2 of the Newquida 2-6-2T harz engines, ended up with 2 for xmas by mistake. mine runs good, the second one is for sale if anybody is looking for one, its never been run yet. They are a definate value for the money. I am waiting to see what they make next. Mike

Watched the bullet train video on that web site, pretty funny, the sound effects are of a steam engine! It’s on sale for $119 for the set of 3 cars, controllers/batteries.

One would think a steam powered bullet train would bring a premium!!

Happy RRing,
Jerry Bowers