Large Scale Central

Bachmann Mallet

Just recieved my two Mallets that I pre-ordered some months ago.
One is Little River Logging, whilst the second is undecorated
Both are fitted with Eloksound decoders as I am DCC and use the Lenz system
First time on here
Been operating some time
Graham

We need pictures!

Welcome to the looney bin, Graham!

-Brian

Hi Brian
Im already a member of the Loonie Bin - Im a G Scale madder - if you know what I mean

Pictures - Im working tonight, so with luck I`ll have time to take some photos tommorow.

They look to be stunning locos, I run mine on hand laid track, like I say they are fitted with Sound decoders, so we shall see - but I`ll do some photos as soon as I can
regards
Graham

Oooooooooh! We must have a full report!!!

Welcome aboard, Graham!

Graham forgot about us so I hijacked his pics from GscaleMad -

(http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n214/altterrain/forums/mallet1.jpg)

(http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n214/altterrain/forums/mallet2.jpg)

-Brian

Wow!!!

Sure is a beauty!

So for the Bash minded of us…how hard is it to get the sidetanks off?

Nice! Any idea how hard it is to remove the saddle tanks? I really want one with a full cab and tender.

Bob McCown said:
Nice! Any idea how hard it is to remove the saddle tanks? I really want one with a full cab and tender.
a good hammer can remove anything.........;)

Yes, but is the boiler shell beneath the tanks complete, or did they save on plastic.

Its amazing - I put my pics on G Scale Mad and suddenly they appear here !!
Anyway - the side tanks, on both of mine it looks as though a couple of screws underneath once loosed make the saddle tanks come off easy.

The building of this loco - for those who seem hard of hearing - or cant read - these locos are built simply off plans, the plans were made to try to build a loco same as this for the Biles Colman Logging Company - these Mallets never existed in the real world, and were also never Narrow Gauge !!

So what you get is a Logging Mallet - in Narrow Gauge - which Bachmann has “given” us modellers to do what on earth we would like to do with it, to my mind is a lovely loco, to your mind it probably needs some fine adjustments !! In other words - Rule 8 applies
best regards
Graham

Graham,

Perhaps you’d like to post some pics yourself. We could always use more photos! :wink:

Graham Ash said:
Its amazing - I put my pics on G Scale Mad and suddenly they appear here !!
Anyway - the side tanks, on both of mine it looks as though a couple of screws underneath once loosed make the saddle tanks come off easy.

The building of this loco - for those who seem hard of hearing - or cant read - these locos are built simply off plans, the plans were made to try to build a loco same as this for the Biles Colman Logging Company - these Mallets never existed in the real world, and were also never Narrow Gauge !!

So what you get is a Logging Mallet - in Narrow Gauge - which Bachmann has “given” us modellers to do what on earth we would like to do with it, to my mind is a lovely loco, to your mind it probably needs some fine adjustments !! In other words - Rule 8 applies
best regards
Graham

No Thanks David
Graham

Very well then Graham…

Graham Ash said:
No Thanks David Graham

I get too much **** on here mate - not worth it
Graham

I’m picturing my spare Connie cab, removed saddle tanks, and a real tender.

(http://loggingmallets.railfan.net/list/lb1001/longbell1001meh.jpg)

Hmm…

Bob, that sure looks better than what they made-it’s ugly!

Graham Ash said:
I get too much **** on here mate - not worth it Graham
Gee, How much **** can one get in 11 posts? BTW......I'd be proud to own one, much less two Mallet's. Ralph