Large Scale Central

Some new layout pics, retrenching a bit to my roots

My roots in G scale began with a LGB starter set and grew from there with nearly 100% LGB other than buildings. Even my first live steamer that I was actually able to run on my own railway was from LGB/Aster. I have retrenched a bit to those early days, running a mix of USA and European LGB trains. Now I still have a couple 1:29th diesels and rolling stock for them, and they come out to play once and awhile. But my enjoyment is running LGB and my early live steamers in the form of the Frank S and the Pearse 0-4-0 that I have decided to keep as it suits the early LGB USA style rolling stock and reminds me of the Americanized Staniz locos, especially if you put a tender behind them. I did some rework on the railway today as the temps are not in the 90’s at the moment. I put a jog in the track to allow my wood covered bridge to be put back in use, one side is nice and gentle, other side is a bit more harsh but I plan a rework on that as soon as some pieces of track are purchased. I also adjusted the layout of my Becks Brewery to allow for a siding where I can set out some LGB Becks Bier cars once I buy a few. A big thanks to Sam D. who swapped me a really nice Frank S for one of my other live steam engines. I just needed to replace a few expired O rings on the Goodall valve to get her running on manual control. I reworked the RC set up, but am waiting on a new receiver before I can get that going again. Anyhow, here are the pics and a short video of Frank S making a run.

I was just thinking about you Mike. Wondering where you have been.

Busy playing trains!! I was hiding in the AC last week as it was nearly a 100’F here and high humidity. Lots of free time as i am on layoff from my job due to the chip shortage in the auto industry. I would order the 2 pieces of curved track and a R1 LGB turnout right now if I wasn’t on layoff and watching $$ a bit more closely. I dont like that hard jog after the covered bridge. I want to redo it like the other side is, and use a R1 turnout into the lumber mill. It will get redone in a few weeks, just not this week. I will be running more trains this evening, gotta go replace the silicone tube piece on the Frank S goodall to get it to seal up and stop wasting steam by leaking. Having everything on the layout lighted and working lights on the train(not on Frank S yet but soon) makes running into the twilight lots of fun! Mike