Large Scale Central

2021 Nashville

Is the G scale meet in music city still on ? The web site shows May 30th to June 6th . but no information about layouts , clinics or anything. I think someone should be talking about it !

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0059/6040/0984/files/NGRC2021-AprilNews.pdf?v=1618016389

https://mcusercontent.com/f917261330cdc5260acfb5e6d/files/da3cec3d-7cf4-a546-5288-8c346519938f/NGRC2021_MayNews.pdf

Thanks Jerry for posting that. Not mentioned in the PDF is any of the display layouts that will be there. I can not speak for others, but the Emerald Coast Garden Railway Club will be there with a 40 x 60 foot layout, 4 tracks I believe. I had planned to go, but my mom’s passing and dealing with estate things, took away my time and disposable income for the event. I hope all that go have a fantastic time and find some good bargains in the process.

Yes Bob we had planned to go to 2020 but, we all know what happened to that.

Then for 2021, my daughter decided to get married the end of that week.

My loyal train buddies then said: “Well there will be a video, right? You could watch that”…

Maybe from my hospital bed…or the tent in the back yard that would be my new home…

Jerry

Will be there Tuesday through Friday. Jim

We will be there from Wednesday night thru Saturday. Hope to put a face to a name. Will have a black hat with a red CN locomotive on it.

Bob Cope said:

Thanks Jerry for posting that. Not mentioned in the PDF is any of the display layouts that will be there. I can not speak for others, but the Emerald Coast Garden Railway Club will be there with a 40 x 60 foot layout, 4 tracks I believe. I had planned to go, but my mom’s passing and dealing with estate things, took away my time and disposable income for the event. I hope all that go have a fantastic time and find some good bargains in the process.

Sorry to hear about your mom passing away. My dad passed away at the same time the National was in Atlanta. Your parent passing away leaves a big hole nothing can fill. Will lift prayers up for you.

Will Railway Clubs at the train show run your train for you on their layout? I have a City of New Orleans 13 car passenger train Fred painted for me. I would like to see what it looks like at eye level instead at ground level. Thanks.

Ron, the Emerald Coast Garden Railway Club has run visitors trains in the past, so I see no reason they wouldn’t for this show. I will PM you a name to look to at Nashville to talk to. You are in for a treat as well, the new club layout is up off the floor, as it has been for so many years in the past.

Bob Cope said:

Ron, the Emerald Coast Garden Railway Club has run visitors trains in the past, so I see no reason they wouldn’t for this show. I will PM you a name to look to at Nashville to talk to. You are in for a treat as well, the new club layout is up off the floor, as it has been for so many years in the past.

Thank you Bob!

Visit Tom & Dennis at the D&R Railroad in the exhibit hall

Terrific detail. Well done Dennis.