Large Scale Central

Project for someone

Here ya go:

WTH?

Don

Bob;

Yikes! Don’t know whether that cab door is really meant to be a door. It looks like a long way to the ground. There is a small step about halfway up the side of the hood, but no railings. The railbus must be staffed by angels. They are the only folks who could safely reach that door.

Best wishes, David Meashey

I see Rooster’s next project here. He could probably sell the idea to Amtrak, it looks so good. And a moneymaker.

There is a small step about halfway up the side of the hood,

There is also a conventional coach step on the ground by the door, and maybe a step protruding from the bottom of that girder-like thing along the bottom of the doorway.

Looks like something out of “Mad Max”…(https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

I’ve seen double-decker busses, and plenty of rail busses, but not…

I wonder how many power lines that baby snagged on her maiden voyage? (https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-laughing.gif)

Bob McCown said:

Here ya go:

Here’s its apparent story - Sud Pacifico de Mexico Turns a Pickwick NiteCoach into a Train Car

Pete;

Guess I should have been more specific. I was referring to what appears to be a cab door on the second level, NOT the passengers’ entrance door.

Regards, David Meashey

Mark Hadler said:

Here’s its apparent story - Sud Pacifico de Mexico Turns a Pickwick NiteCoach into a Train Car

Oh, looking at that, the photo with passengers lined up to enter aft door on left side, the bus isn’t nearly as tall as initially envisioned; that driver door sill is only 5ft to 6ft above ground.

David Meashey said:

Pete;

Guess I should have been more specific. I was referring to what appears to be a cab door on the second level, NOT the passengers’ entrance door.

Regards, David Meashey

From the link provided by Forrest:

“For hot weather use, the coach door was removed, and the upper doors of the cab were equipped with latches allowing them to open partly and scoop in outside air, the original hood sides were latched in the open position.”

Forrest Scott Wood said:

Mark Hadler said:

Oh, looking at that, the photo with passengers lined up to enter aft door on left side, the bus isn’t nearly as tall as initially envisioned; that driver door sill is only 5ft to 6ft above ground.

Only 5 or 6 feet from the ground lol!!! That brings new meaning to that first step is a doozy, lol.

Someone mentioned Rooster and Amtrak and I instantly saw this with monster truck tires

Cliff Jennings said:

I’ve seen double-decker busses, and plenty of rail busses, but not…

I wonder how many power lines that baby snagged on her maiden voyage? (https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-laughing.gif)

Wow, what a monstrosity!

Lou Luczu said:

I see Rooster’s next project here. He could probably sell the idea to Amtrak, it looks so good. And a moneymaker.

Lou,

It would need a bit of updating . Star wars was updated a bit in the past 10 years so why not resurrect …never mind I just wanted to say resurrect!

Oooo, Rooster said resurrect!

That is a real Monster a Rail Warrior straight out of a Mel Gibson movie! LOL

It is neat that it is a double decker.

Don Watson said:

WTH?

Don

Nope…SPDM