Large Scale Central

LGB Trucks and Rail Power Disconnected

LGB Trucks, when going to battery power (RailPro) I removed the sliders from the trucks, will I also have to remove the two brass strips from inside the trucks that runs from each axle, it looks to me like power from the rails, or the engines battery power could still feed back down thru the wheels and to the track. In other words, what do I need to do to isolate the power from the truck motors to the rail, or vise versa, that is power coming up thru the wheel on power track. I hope I explained that correctly.

trainman

The 4 pin connector on most of the LGB motor block have the inner wires for track power and outer wires are the motor (Note: USA Trains is the same). Exception is the Chloe/olmana type of block on the field railways engines, these have track power on the 2 outer pins and motor on the 2 inner pins.

John,

You need to remove those strips.

Joe Zullo said:

John,

You need to remove those strips.

Thanks Joe, I pretty much thought you would need to, just looking at the way the blocks are setup just removing the sliders would still leave a connection thru the wheels which you wouldn’t want with battery power. I don’t intend to ever run my engines on track power, but if I went to a railroad that was track powered I would want the motor insulated from that power.

trainman