Large Scale Central

Size of LGB 2061 and 2063 diesel switchers

I have a LGB 2063 D&RGW #50 swithcher and would like to add another LGB 2061 switcher to my logging railroad. I would take the LGB 2061 and Americanize it, I would redue the body completely and make it a logging diesel. My question for someone who has both are these two engines about the same height and length, in other words I want them to look pretty close in size. I only have the 2063 and nothing to compare it to. If you have any info on this it would be appreciated, thanks. If you just have a LGB 2061 if you could just measure it for me that would also help.

trainman

John Lenheiser said:

I have a LGB 2063 D&RGW #50 swithcher and would like to add another LGB 2061 switcher to my logging railroad. I would take the LGB 2061 and Americanize it, I would redue the body completely and make it a logging diesel. My question for someone who has both are these two engines about the same height and length, in other words I want them to look pretty close in size. I only have the 2063 and nothing to compare it to. If you have any info on this it would be appreciated, thanks. If you just have a LGB 2061 if you could just measure it for me that would also help.

trainman

Here is a pic on LGB 2061

2063 is approx. 1 inch longer, hoods are similiar width. The 2063 cab is much wider.

Dan Pierce said:

2063 is approx. 1 inch longer, hoods are similiar width. The 2063 cab is much wider.

Dan, how was the height of the two engines, that’s probably the most critical measurement of all, thanks again, trainman

I found an LGB 23620 to bash along with my #50.

Just another idea.

The schoema (2061) roof is approx. 1/4 inch shorter than the Davenport (2063).  Note that the LGB track cleaner loco 2067) has many of the same parts as the schoema.  Note the davenport running boards are much wider than the schoema.

John Bouck said:

I found an LGB 23620 to bash along with my #50.

Just another idea.

I do like that engine with the 6 wheel arrangement, just haven’t found one for sale yet, trainman

Dan Pierce said:

Thanks, that’s what I needed to know, if the engine 2061 was too much shorter then the 2063 they might look a little odd running together. If I go with the 2061 I will do a total rebuild on it and it will have an American look to it, you will probably not be able to tell what the original engine was.

trainman