Large Scale Central

LGB repair service

Can anyone recomend a reliable LGB repair center, perfer the esat coast…

LGB parts and service.

https://www.trainli.com/

Michael

“Only Trains”

What needs fixing? I do the Eastern LGB repairs for trainli and live in South Eastern, Massachusetts.

Dan…lgb trolly …was in storage 18 months…will not run

Well it can’t be much to get it running again, my LGB engines have set in there boxes for some 25 years and they all ran right out of the box. I did check the gear boxes where the motor gears are and gave them a lube job as I did find the grease had harden somewhat, but not bad. Sounds electrical, did you turn off the power switch on the engine, if it has one, most LGB engines do. Taking the two wires form the transformer and touching the wheels on opposite sides, or the sliders on the engine and see if you get any movement of the wheels. Yes, turn the power on to say 1/2 power. I personally don’t feel that something became disconnect in the engine from just being stored, I think it’s very simple fix if the engine was running fine the last time you ran it. I hope the ants, or bugs didn’t build a home inside it, it happens more times then you think. I would think that someone that lives close to you and knowledgeable of electrical engine repairs would help you with it, it you were close to Ft. Worth, Texas I would be glad to help you, I would feel that helping a fellow model railroader is something we should all do.

trainman

John Lenheiser said:

Well it can’t be much to get it running again, my LGB engines have set in there boxes for some 25 years and they all ran right out of the box. I did check the gear boxes where the motor gears are and gave them a lube job as I did find the grease had harden somewhat, but not bad. Sounds electrical, did you turn off the power switch on the engine, if it has one, most LGB engines do. Taking the two wires form the transformer and touching the wheels on opposite sides, or the sliders on the engine and see if you get any movement of the wheels. Yes, turn the power on to say 1/2 power. I personally don’t feel that something became disconnect in the engine from just being stored, I think it’s very simple fix if the engine was running fine the last time you ran it. I hope the ants, or bugs didn’t build a home inside it, it happens more times then you think. I would think that someone that lives close to you and knowledgeable of electrical engine repairs would help you with it, it you were close to Ft. Worth, Texas I would be glad to help you, I would feel that helping a fellow model railroader is something we should all do.

trainman

His info under his name says floral park, ny

Sean McGillicuddy said:

John Lenheiser said:

trainman

His info under his name says floral park, ny

I did say in the post that IF IF IF IF you were close the Ft. Worth, Texas I would be glad to take a look at it. It would be nice IF IF IF IF someone in his neck of the woods would help out a fellow model railroader.

trainman

Jack is 3 hours from me, but shipping would be the lowest as I am close. There are many who repair LGB equipment, but shipping is costly.

Dan…my email is [email protected] please send me the necessary info and will ship it

jack s schaefer said:

Can anyone recomend a reliable LGB repair center, perfer the esat coast…

https://www.marklin.com/service/customer-service/service-centers/

There are four Marklin USA Authorized LGB Service Centers in the USA: AllAboutLGB.com; OnlyTrains.com; TrainLi.com; OldDominionRailways.com