Large Scale Central

Weird "bannerads.largescalecentral.com" search results

Any know why this “bannerads” result happens? My browser does not like it.

Pete:

I work for google (at the youtube part, specifically, not google search) and find that pretty weird. I did the search again and got that same result. There is a “send feedback” link at the bottom of the page so I sent in a “bug report” about it. Looks just wrong.

If you click on one of those bannerads results, it will give you a bad error message. If you change the url from bannerads to www, it is the correct page. Something screwed up somewhere. I’ll try to follow up from within google…

The ‘bannerads’ subdomain is the domain the advertising is served out of. It looks like Google’s crawler grabbed that and somehow created an invalid search entry with it.

Thanks for the feedback. It is not the first time it has happened.

I’m really puzzled how they’d get a forum entry with that domain. Very odd.

And there are ones that say “freightsheds.largescalecentral.com

Looks like Google made a tweek - maybe Jim’s bug report got through. No more bannerads, but it now can’t find the actual thread!

I might be able to hep with that. If you know the exact filename of one of thw photos, use Google search with photoname.jpg site:largescalecentral.com

With just a little luck, the thread (or threads if you have used the photo more than once) will be in the search results.

Jon Radder said:

I might be able to hep with that. If you know the exact filename of one of thw photos, use Google search with photoname.jpg site:largescalecentral.com

With just a little luck, the thread (or threads if you have used the photo more than once) will be in the search results.

Jon, that’s normally what I would do if the search result just came up with promising photos, not a thread.

However, I was specifically searching for EBT Coach 5, and in the first (original) instance, google found the thread but gave it in the wrong link (bannerads. . ). Now, no “bannerads” but also no link to the actual thread. Weird.

Gotcha. The banner ad result you posted was just a result from a word search. I use the full exact filename of a picture in the post, which I can find by looking at my local backup of web storage. Works for me 98% of the time to find the thread where thee picture was posted.

what thread are you trying to find? I did this search and saw a few hits that seem right to me: site:largescalecentral.com EBT Coach 5

but I don’t know what you are looking for (and now you can’t find it!)…

edited to add: AH! scrolled back up to see what the threads were that you wanted but that had the wrong domain. looks like the “fix” is to just remove those things and not to get the right domain. well, that’s just wrong eh? hmph

AH! scrolled back up to see what the threads were that you wanted but that had the wrong domain. looks like the “fix” is to just remove those things and not to get the right domain. well, that’s just wrong eh? hmph

Exactly. They got rid of the “bannerads” sub-domain hit, but didn’t convert it to a proper thread link. Now there’s no link at all to that thread!

I’m an ex-programmer, so finding a thread isn’t a problem. It was just weird so I wanted to bring it to Bob’s attention.