Large Scale Central

1:20.3 silver vista

Correct me if I am wrong but didn`t someone market one at one time?

I recall LGB making one, but not in 1:20.3 - The only thing I can find on Google is the prototype model the LGB car was based on, no listings anywhere I can find of the actual car.

It looks like a nice project that might be able to be built up on top of a gondola or flat.

EDIT to Add: From the site I stole the picture from "The car that I sent to LGB was highly considered for production, but due to the fact that the D+RGW only had one car like it, and production of the roof would be very expensive, the project was scraped. "

One was built by a noted modeler who’s name escapes me right now. It was years ago and pics were posted on the online fora.

As to marketed versions, I have never seen or heard of one.

I remember now. It was marketed under Classic Reflections.

John is that one of them?

Based on my research:

[Quote

" 1:20.3 D&RGW Silver Vista project offered by Ward Hammond of Classic Reflections"

“Seems that Mr. Hammond’s model building resources have been prioritized to Barry Bogs. As such, orders placed as far back as summer of 2007 for the Silver Vistas, have still yet to be processed.”

“In fact, it is being reported that since commissioning the construction of cars, only one 1:20.3 has been delivered. (We assume this must be Dean Lowe’s )”

[Quote]

someone market one at one time?

Yes, as John posted, unfortunately just one!

Looks like an easy 3D print + bits project. Accucraft coach trucks, etc.