Large Scale Central

power truck

Hello everyone :

I hope I’m in the right forum. I want to replace this truck with a power truck and I hope you guy’s will help me . I just got a 1.24 scale trolley model and I want to power it. The height is 45 mm from rail and the length is 60 mm between the axles. I can’t find any specs on line and I’m hoping you guy’s can help me find one. I would also like a second unpowered truck if possible. Any leads would be really helpful.

Thanks everyone

Bob

Apparently we need more details to spark our memories.

Do you have a name for what you have, who made your trolley?

That truck doesn’t look sturdy enough to handle torque, but that’s my opinion.

Bachmann may have a powered axle you can hide within, search their parts catalog, G section (large scale), loco parts or trolley, rail car parts

https://estore.bachmanntrains.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=66

They are out of many items, but maybe you’ll find something to make do, until knowledgeable folks give you real answers.

Good luck and stay healthy

Hi John :

Thanks for getting back to me . The model is made by OcCre , and is the San Francisco cable car. I don’t want to use any part of the truck. I want to replace it with a motorized truck. I only put the picture in for reference to show how much space I have for the motor block. The wheels are 29 mm (no flange ) . I’m not sure Bachmann will help me because this is 1.24 . I’ve seen the motor blocks on line but I can’t get any specs. USA Trains has them for their diesels but I cant get any measurements. I know you guys are far better informed than I am and I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

Thank’s for any help you can give

Bob

PLEASE BE SAFE EVERY0NE

I was afraid of that, re OcCre.

We’ve seen a couple of builds, but have no connection to parts here.

We do a lot of ‘scratch building’ here and cross use isn’t new.

I think you’ll need to search via OcCre.

Good Luck

Hi John :

I think I found something close to what I need . USA Trains model R22-12 . It’s 5/8 ‘’ longer and axle to axle length is about 1’’ longer but I think I can make it work. It might be an issue on curves but I wont know until I try. Wheels are exactly the same size.

Thank’s again for trying to help me . PLEASE BE SAFE

Bob

A good short motor block would be the one for the LGB American trolley. length is 4 and 1/8 inch long whereas the USA Trains is 4 1/2 inch long.

Part number at Trainli.com

LGB-20380-799

Thanks Dan :

I already ordered the usa trains block but its good to know that there is an alternative . Thanks for the part number.

Please be safe’

Bob