Large Scale Central

Bachmann Heisler Oregon Lumber CO

Bachmann Heisler Oregon Lumber CO

nice!

some green sawdust and some sand and your layout is perfect. (if you’re not married)

It’s a start!

Hi Timmy;

I had one of the Bachmann Heisler locomotives several years ago. It is a beautiful locomotive, but mine was a wuss! Behind the smokebox door there is a polarity switch (NMRA or Large Scale, I think). I would set the switch for NMRA, couple the Heisler back to back to my stubby and homely Hartland Big John, and guess what? The homely little “Big” John locomotive would pull the elegant Heisler, kicking and screaming, backwards anywhere the Big John wanted to go. Sold the Heisler. Still have the Hartland Big John.

Cheers, David Meashey

P.S. Not my layout. Owner now deceased and layout gone, but was fun to run on when it existed.

Dave Meashey said:

Hi Timmy;

I had one of the Bachmann Heisler locomotives several years ago. It is a beautiful locomotive, but mine was a wuss! Behind the smokebox door there is a polarity switch (NMRA or Large Scale, I think). I would set the switch for NMRA, couple the Heisler back to back to my stubby and homely Hartland Big John, and guess what? The homely little “Big” John locomotive would pull the elegant Heisler, kicking and screaming, backwards anywhere the Big John wanted to go. Sold the Heisler. Still have the Hartland Big John.

Cheers, David Meashey

P.S. Not my layout. Owner now deceased and layout gone, but was fun to run on when it existed.

I have 3 Bachmann Heislers. They are terrific locomotives. Probably my favorite of my geared locomotives and they all pull like crazy!

Tim said:

It’s a start!

Huh?

Korm Kormsen said:

nice!

some green sawdust and some sand and your layout is perfect. (if you’re not married)

HEHEHE… yeah…that wouldn’t go over will with my wife. :slight_smile: