Large Scale Central

Can You Even Believe That This Happened Yesterday???

One of the local Port Railroad Engineers decided to take out the hospital ship with his train engine thinking this was a conspiracy theory.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/02/us/train-crash-los-angeles-coronavirus.html

Yeah saw it yesterday, absolutely bat-s**t crazy!

What an IDIOT!

Not necessarily stupid: CRAZY, big difference.

Another one from the “Only in America” file.

I worked with a clown who listened to, and believed, every word that came from Alex Jones, the Fox Network and other radical commentators we called him “tin foil hat boy”.

This guy had a 6 YO son and stockpiled 20 guns with ammo so that he was prepared for the day when the end of the world arrived and the government came for him.

They are out there folks, all over the world take care.

No politics, GAP. It tends to get threads derailed.

Thankfully an alleged lite-flare was not tossed into the fuel puddle or it would have made a bigger mess.

And PHL would ah likely lost their power unit, in addition to their engineer !

Someone (within the media scrum) must have quickly asked them what would happen to their engineer’s status, as it was reported he was “decertified”. Ahh but can he still access any pension or benefits :wink:

doug c

I give the guy an A for effort. He got that sucker quite a ways past the end of the track

Devon Sinsley said:

I give the guy an A for effort. He got that sucker quite a ways past the end of the track

That’s the only nice thing I could say about the guy.

Really!!! This guy really thought he was going to make it that far to the boat!?!? And it doesn’t look like a straight line to me. A normal (if you want to call them normal) derailment doesn’t go far no matter what.

Wow. Definitely some mental issues there.

What I find most interesting in the thing is KCAL 9’s airborne reporter Stu Mundel telling the world one thing while at the same time showing the world a reality which contradicts his words,

After 0:24 “Almost making it over towards the Mercy. Very very close indeed.”

Okay, so a distance like 2 and 1/4 NFL football fields is “very very close”?

Riiiiight. Got it.

See screen from Google Maps. Black X is location of derailed locomotive & red X at cruise liner shown is location where USNS Mercy is docked.

Additionally, Google Street View shows the grade crossing in Regan St there in front of locomotive has the flangeways filled with asphalt.
There is a concrete curb and sidewalk covering the track on opposite side of then next street, Swinford St.
The switch from that track, which eventually ends up paved over in parking lot, which leads to the tracks on dock is either paved over or simply not there any more.
Either way, there is a temporary building located about where the switch would be.
And then the asphalted over rails can be seen in the parking lot between Swinford St and the rails visible on dock.

Only in a really, really, interesting alternate reality would that locomotive have reached the dock.

And then then engineer would have had to applied full left rudder in order to leave the parallel rails and strike the ship.

The whole idea of possibly striking the ship with the train is deep in to the realm of “That is so crazy that even the way out of left field member in our local creative writers group wouldn’t have made that one up!”

“Train Engineer Arrested For Derailing Train Near USNS Mercy
174,495 views • Apr 1, 2020
CBS Los Angeles”

https://youtu.be/ja2LtltJujA

From driving a locomotive to watching his caboose while in the calaboose.

I was thinking the same thing when I first heard the report. How close were the tracks to the ship? Most of the harbor tracks I have seen went parallel to the berths. I say the dude was both crazy and stupid.

YOU BE SICK IN THE HEAD

"What I find most interesting in the thing is KCAL 9’s airborne reporter Stu Mundel telling the world one thing while at the same time showing the world a reality which contradicts his words, After 0:24 “Almost making it over towards the Mercy. Very very close indeed.”

The stinking news media always exaggerate and sensationalize everything.

Ray Dunakin said:

"What I find most interesting in the thing is KCAL 9’s airborne reporter Stu Mundel telling the world one thing while at the same time showing the world a reality which contradicts his words, After 0:24 “Almost making it over towards the Mercy. Very very close indeed.”

The stinking news media always exaggerate and sensationalize everything.

This is EXACTLY why you need to switch to K5LA …Amtraks favorite channel…Nathan makes hotdogs as well !