Large Scale Central

Bachmann G Scale Climax power pickup springs

I need to replace the springs in the pickup sleeve for an old Bachmann G scale Climax. Does anyone know the diameter and length of the springs and maybe a source?

Thanks.

Dave Goodson, might be a person to contact…he is out there on the West Coast; if Bachmann hasn’t any to offer.

It might be time to consider hard wiring them to get rid of the need for the springs.

Fred Mills

Fred Mills. said:

Dave Goodson, might be a person to contact…he is out there on the West Coast; if Bachmann hasn’t any to offer.

It might be time to consider hard wiring them to get rid of the need for the springs.

Fred Mills

Agree on both points. Dave has probably hard wired a bunch of them. Perhaps he saved the original parts. I have a NIB Climax that is about 4 or 5 notches down on the conversion list. It will get hard wired when converted to battery r/c. I’ll save the parts, but I’m not going to tear it down for probably a year or more.

Keith Watson said:

I need to replace the springs in the pickup sleeve for an old Bachmann G scale Climax. Does anyone know the diameter and length of the springs and maybe a source?

Thanks.

I have some if you still need them.

Stan

I gave up on those Climax spring replacements. These plungers have been trouble since the first time I ran my Bachmann Shay. I reworked the whole power pickup and transmission to the decoder and sound module. I have wheel wipers and mostly soldered connections. It runs flawlessly now.

I wrote an illustrated set of instructions that can be accessed on my One Drive cloud storage. See https://1drv.ms/b/s!AjB9vifjJU2zgopkW1j6RjvFqrhI3w?e=4nfRaa

Hope this helps Art