Large Scale Central

Wanted lab 2063/27630

Wanted looking for a used LGB 2063 or 27630.

They are around, but it seems to be a “collectors item”…

What are you willing to pay?

Greg

Hi Greg. Well looking around $150. eBay has several but there asking in the $299- $399 range. Little steep. I got a new one in white pass for $198. Need a second unit for a project. I also have some items I could work a trade on.

nh rs3 McGinnis

have a couple of USA streamliner cars (that I don’t need since I down sized.They are in a private road name, kd’s.)

If you know of anyone, i’d be thankful for your help.

todd whittier said:

Hi Greg. Well looking around $150. eBay has several but there asking in the $299- $399 range. Little steep. I got a new one in white pass for $198. Need a second unit for a project. I also have some items I could work a trade on.

nh rs3 McGinnis

have a couple of USA streamliner cars (that I don’t need since I down sized.They are in a private road name, kd’s.)

If you know of anyone, i’d be thankful for your help.

$150 seems to be about average for the ones selling on eBay ($130-$170). There is a D&RGW 2063 on ebay right now with a “Make Offer” option. Make an offer of $150 and add a note to the seller that this is a fair offer as that is what they have been selling for. Worst that can happen is they say no. They mat come back with a counter offer that you are still comfortable with.

Thanks for advice Dan. I have made several offers and have been rejected. I was hoping to find a little luck on LSC.

todd whittier said:

Thanks for advice Dan. I have made several offers and have been rejected. I was hoping to find a little luck on LSC.

Sometime it works, sometimes not. There will be others. (https://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

Yea, I keep lurking on Ebay for stuff I want, and eventually the stuff I am looking for comes along at a price I am willing to pay. Of course, I know what the fair price is, and don’t expect to get stuff at “give away” prices. Although, that does sometimes happen.

2 years ago I got the campbell set (davenport and caboose with metal wheels in original box) for less than $150 shipped!! It did not run well until I took the caboose off the track. I found someone painted the caboose trucks with conductive silver paint and it created a short. I scrapped the paint off the inside of the trucks at the axle points and all is well now.