Large Scale Central

bachmann hand car

Morning everyone :

I’m hoping you guys can help me find this size spoked wheel . It’s on the Bachmann hand car and they’re about 25 m.m. I’d be willing to buy an old broken hand car for a fair price if anyone had one they wanted to get rid of. I need them to build a trailer for my rail truck.

Thank’s for any help Guys

Bob

(I don’t know how you got that picture up to 7.3Meg.) Anyway, it looks like the same wheels as the pilot truck on a 4-6-0 Big Hauler ?

Bachmann’s Parts store has wheels that look like the handcar, not the trailer, tho it claims they are for both.
https://estore.bachmanntrains.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=69_144&products_id=561&zenid=9038jiktb52b43mbqgdhoeas32

Interestingly, in the same list of parts, there is a “Wheels-Solid Black (Large Scale - Handcar & Trailer) $6.80 Could be used as pilot wheels in G:4-6-0, G:2-6-0” Although they are sold out, as usual. Confirms my suspicion that the pilot wheels are similar if not the same.

Here’s the nearest thing to the 4-6-0 pilot wheels I could find on Bachmann’s website:

Ah - George Schreyer to the rescue:

I don’t have one handy but I bet those are close to the wheels you are looking for.

Thanks’ Pete :

Didn’t think about Bachmann. ( srmoment ) Those wheels will work great.They’re almost the same size as the ones on my rail truck thats on my profile picture . I don’t know how I sent that picture either. Always an adventure when I’m on the computer.

Thank’s again

Bob