Large Scale Central

7/8" scale.

Let’s see a show of hands. How many members here dabble in 7/8" scale?

Except for a few locomotives and a handful of cars all my 1:20.3 builds and rolling stock and I have parted ways. The entire collection was sold to a good friend of mine.

It was time for a new interest.

I am a member of the 7/8"s forum, The SE Lounge.

Latest project was a converted LGB 2-6-2.

I am very interested, but too deeply entrenched in 1:20 and lack the time to scratch build everything. I’ve been watching your 7/8’s posts in the past and love whet Eric Schade has done modeling the Maine Two Footers. I thing Shawn V. has at least some 7/8’s stuff. If you can find any of the very old threads, Bart Salmons was building logging and coal hauling equipment in 7/8’s before he moved to smaller scales and cosplay.

Very nice conversion.

I have looked at 7/8ths but as above, a bit too much 1:20.3. In anything larger I am drooling at 2.5" scale. Three foot narrow gauge running on 7.5" spaced track.

Maxitrak and Accucraft have some offerings that for that scale are reasonable in price.

Nice kit bash, most of my stuff is also kit bashed as when I started in G there wasn’t any American stuff, I’ve got one of those 2080’s and was going to use the drive for my Mason Bogie but also had a beat up spreewald so I used the drive out of that instead, Bill