Large Scale Central

RLD Hobbies Open House on 9/27 & 9/28

RLD Hobbies Open House on 9/27 & 9/28

Wow! Thanks, Matt…that’s a lot of trains!

Really good video, too.

Nice set of video’s Matt…

Matt great job once again …

Is the track powered or dead rail … it’s hard to tell…

Sean McGillicuddy said:

Matt great job once again …

Is the track powered or dead rail … it’s hard to tell…

RLD Hobbies layout is non-powered. Live Steam / Battery only…

a couple of things, Is it the Conrail or the Rock hopper you flattened a wheel on? and at the 3;00 mark crossing the 90* there is a fairly big difference on the left side between the track and the short connecting piece, at first I thought the sound was out od sync with the video, then I saw the vertical drop from the brass track on the left to the area around the 90* is where the most sound was coming from. Great video Matt. going to have to visit there for an open house . Nice to see young engineers ( not just the kids running around) there too , besides us old guys!

Sean, Win is correct, RLD is all dead rail. It’s all mostly aluminum rail too, except for some LGB switches that are brass.

Pete, I did the Rock hopper and I also did one of the USA trains csx centerflow’s too. That spot at the bridge gave me fits all afternoon. It would uncouple as I crossed. The bridge is sagging, like most of those pvc bridges do. Right now, I can’t think of who made it. But, I ended up moving the third loco back further and further in the consist to try and help keep the train together. And that did help, a lot, but I wanted to add more cars and was tired of messing with it. So, I took everything off but the grain cars.

If you look close as the lead Dash 9 comes across that bridge, the rear truck jumps.

It’s time to put some “truss rods” on that bridge. That will straighten it right out. 3 axle Aristo trucks cannot that those vertical irregularities, there is no suspension.

Greg

Yes, WOW… That is some serious train running… Thanks for the videos…

Really great stuff, Matt!

Who belongs to the Great Northern E8, masquerading as an E7? That is beautiful! There were a bunch of us that tried to get Lewis to do a GN E8, but he said no, because the GN only had E7s. I’m really glad that someone did it.

Greg, I need to let Robby know that. Those PVC bridges all warp. I didn’t realize what was going on at that spot until I made my second pass through it. Then I saw the train jump. All I needed was the dukes of hazzard horn. haha! After that I started moving the third engine back further and further in the consist to help keep the train together. But, I was fighting a loosing battle. Once i took off all the cars but the grain cars, I had no issues.

Thanks Stan!

Thanks Steve! The Great Northern collection belongs to Rocky Allguire. He lives in Georgia.

Yeah, that bridge apparently has sagged enough that it’s bent the ends of the track up.

I wonder if he has J & S railcar bridges, or ??

Greg

Greg Elmassian said:

Yeah, that bridge apparently has sagged enough that it’s bent the ends of the track up.

I wonder if he has J & S railcar bridges, or ??

Greg

I was thinking they were made by split jaw. But, I could be wrong.

Greg,

We all came t your state, it is your turn to come to our state. To Robby’s spring open house ! Rex

https://www.facebook.com/Rex.W.Ammerman/videos/10215588916539524/?t=0

Rex,

Some of here DO NOT use Facebook.(https://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)

Rex, I’ll be in Tennessee next year! And then RJ’s…