Large Scale Central

Where to have battery packs made up in the USA

I have a client in the USA who needs to get an 18.5 volt (5s) battery pack made up for an Engineering Museum project. Aristocraft E8 and 5 passenger cars. So it will need seriously big capacity.

I can supply battery packs from Australia but they are expensive to buy and expensive to ship.

Would some kind soul in the the USA steer him to a reliable battery source please. Pack must have pcb protection.

I use All-Battery, now called Tenergy Power. I buy mostly their Tenergy Li-Ion 18650 14.8V 2200mAh Rechargeable Battery Pack w/ PCB Protection for my Bachmann geared locomotives. I see that they offer 18.5 to 25.9 packs.

In my experience their batteries have been extremely reliable as I am still using the first pack that I bought in 2013 plus all subsequent packs that I have purchased for other engines.

Thank you Mark. Very helpful.

Can’t help you there but I do wish you luck …

mtobattery.com

Thanks Bob. I have several MTO packs and they have been great. From what I read; they have much more robust protection; especially short circuit; than standard packs.

MTO Batteries is the way to go. Used by our special operators overseas. You can get them from Don Sweet at RCS of New England. He advertises on this site.

MTO Batteries is the way to go. Used by our special operators overseas. You can get them from Don Sweet at RCS of New England. He advertises on this site.