Large Scale Central

Oil Shed

A while back Bill posted this picture of a line side structure and I decided I had to have one similar.

So here is my effort,

Using a 1:22 scale Bachmann Porter cab I raised it a bit by setting it on timbers. I used 1:22 scale drums to try to keep things in proportion.

Taking a shot against the light makes the shadows a little dark but you can make out the corrugated roofing that closes in the boiler opening

Thanks for taking a look

Rick

Beautiful work. I have worked in places like this and I can “almost” smell the oil. Great atmosphere Buddy. :slight_smile:

Nice re-purposing of spare parts, Rick. Very realistic looking scene. I know its just an optical delusion, but the slab in the first (model) picture looks like it has a rounded surface. The A-frame hoist appears as if it is going to roll off to the left.

You did it, Rick, you really pulled this off nicely. Very well observed, very well executed.

Well, Rick, you just got yourself some high praise. My dining room table has the start of this same project in the form of the cab off a shay. I showed your work here to my youngest son, and he says, “You snooze you lose. Don’t bother starting, Dad, you won’t do any better than that.” (Meaning your shed.)

Super duper, Rick! I like the little touches like the weathering on the metal barrels…

Thanks guys for your interest, always appreciated.

John, don’t listen to your Son, go for it, I know you can do a better job than i did.

Way cool! Makes me regret not swinging on a box of STAINZ bits for my own project because “I didn’t need the cab.”

Great scene! This would work in any scale.

Ditto what they all said… (http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

That’s what I’m talking, excellent reproduction, your detail really brings it to life, excellent building for in the yard, thanks for the update, Bill

Now that is a cool idea!

Rick Marty said:

John, don’t listen to your Son, go for it, I know you can do a better job than i did.

Tell that to my Dad!

Great detailing Rick, even down to the sawdust under oil drum to soak up the oil.

This is another great example on why he wins awards…

Hello R.W.,

That is a great looking scene, mind if I borrow the concept?

Have fun!

Don

Hi Don, long time no see. How is everything on the H&H Railway?

Your Scenes have inspired me for years, so anything that I build that you want to use I would consider

an extreme compliment.

Don’t be a stranger.