Large Scale Central

Bluestone Southern Switchback Cabooses

Below are 2 pics of the cabooses created for the Switchback:

Ossipee Timber is the logging company that owns the Switchback…

Nice work Andy! Good to see you coming to the dark side of logging and getting out of all the powered boxcar junk hehehe

Oh, I thought ossipee is what your engineers say after hoggin all the way up the mountain, while drinking plenty of water to try and stay hydrated in the cab of them tea kettles.

Aaron thank you, but I have had a shay for many years… Bought it up at a train show in Springfield, IL…

New in box, with metal trucks for 100 bucks… Was a steal…

Aaron, I won’t even mention the 5 or 6 Bachmann 4-6-0’s I’ve got hidden in the basement… (http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

David, Ossipee is actually the town’s name in NH where I have some property…

Aaron Loyet said:

Nice work Andy! Good to see you coming to the dark side of logging and getting out of all the powered boxcar junk hehehe

Naaahhh…read between the lines Aaron …he’s just throwing them in to mess with Ric! Those two are like the movie Grumpy Old Men but instead of fishing they play with trains.

Those cabooses look great Jane, will we be seeing them in action in a video soon?

Todd Haskins said:

Those cabooses look great Jane, will we be seeing them in action in a video soon?

Hope to have them running during the May Ops… Matt has been doing most of the videoing during the Ops…

My cell phone has a rotary dial, it’s hard to make it do video… (http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

" Rooster " said:

Aaron Loyet said:

Naaahhh…read between the lines Aaron …he’s just throwing them in to mess with Ric! Those two are like the movie Grumpy Old Men but instead of fishing they play with trains.

hahaha just gotta start feeding the dog hormel chili and the stage will be set.

“Ossipee is actually the town’s name in NH where I have some property.”

I thought an “Ossipee” was one of those medical procedures that cause most men to get pale and squeeze their legs together.

I can’t believe Rooster called me “Grumpy”. Cheeeeesh!

Ric Golding said:

I thought an “Ossipee” was one of those medical procedures that cause most men to get pale and squeeze their legs together.

No Ric, that’s called an ““On man, I so gotta pee””… (http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

Officially it is NOT “Cabooses”, it’s “Cabeese”… has been for years…or to simplify it for those alphabetically challenged, just call them “Vans”

Fred Mills

Fred Mills. said:

Officially it is NOT “Cabooses”, it’s “Cabeese”… has been for years…or to simplify it for those alphabetically challenged, just call them “Vans”

Fred Mills

We also call them Cabins in USA

A quote from google:

““There is some disagreement on what constitutes the proper plural form of the word “caboose.” Similar words, like goose (pluralized as “geese”) and moose (pluralized as “moose”), differ. The most common pluralization of caboose is “cabooses,” with some arguing it should remain “caboose”.””

Go to Wikipedia.org/wiki/caboose And read the article and not once is the word cabeese mentioned, it’s always cabooses…

Google ““cabeese”” and it says it a ““Humorous plural of caboose””

I typed it correctly, thank you…

The earliest known correct example of the plural of caboose is cited by the Oxford English Dictionary as having occurred in 1881 as cabooses.

What do the English know? Just because it’s their language? Ha. I favor caboose for singular and plural and singular; like somebody said, the plural of moose is moose, and I would mention sheep, deer, offspring, Japanese, Chinese, Swiss, and so on.

So, a half dozen caboose sound just fine to me.

And by the way, Jane, those are fine lookin’ caboose/s/eese.

edit: Thanks to what Maynard commented below, it occurred to me to mention that you usually tell the plural from the singular by the verb that follows. Six caboose were on the line. The caboose was on the line. Is I right or is I wrong?

Cabeese, that way we knowes that we is talkin bout more then one caboose.

“On man, I so gotta pee”

I was typing a reply, but had to step away from the computer for a minute. What can I say. (http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

I like cabeese, caboose, vans, duh thingy on duh end. Way better than that stupid flashing red light.

The description found…“Humourous plural of caboose” should have stood out and taken seriously…Why keep HUMOUR out of our hobby ?

I think young Andy has lost his sense of humour, if he ever actually had any…!!!

Boomer K. MOGWAI said:

I like cabeese, caboose, vans, duh thingy on duh end. Way better than that stupid flashing red light.

The stupid red flashing light on a van or a cabeese ? They both had them along with a caboose or cabin.

Fred Mills. said:

The description found…“Humourous plural of caboose” should have stood out and taken seriously…Why keep HUMOUR out of our hobby ?

I think young Andy has lost his sense of humour, if he ever actually had any…!!!

Fred, your entry about spelling was not done in humor, especially when you capitalize the NOT, just as the last part of the sentence above ““if he ever actually had any””…

Your statement was meant as a cut to me as the word ““cabooses”” was not what you want everyone to use… It was basically a statement that meant ““It’s Fred’s way or no way””…

I stay out of chat because you go there, to avoid confrontations.

I would appreciate if you leave me out of your ““Grammar policing””…