Large Scale Central

New House of Worship on the T&LB

The old church, a structure made by “K’s” buildings, has finally rotted to a state where I no longer want to put it out. It is to be replaced by a POLA engine house that was given to me in pieces some years ago. The structure has the right shape for a house of worship and is a match to “Porsche’s Shell Station” located next door.

The pieces to change this were cut on the laser in acrylic.

I’ve already shown the steps in another thread. They were cut, glued together, media blasted, and painted with “Patio Paint.”

Here you see them glued in place and painted. You can also see that the area for the doors was sealed and new door befitting the use installed. The handles will be bent brass rod and you can see the holes in the doors for these. Again, these pieces were sand blasted prior to painting with a brush.

The opening above the wall will receive a “stained glass” window.

Additionally, the old yellowed windows and frames were removed and new windows cut for installation. New, unique, window frames, befitting this house of worship, were also created and will be installed.

Great repurposing of the engine house, Todd. The lasered parts look good. Look forward to seeing it come together.

Interesting work. Thanks for sharing.

Am I allowed to worship there when it’s finished ?

Hey, this is a cool project. I like that new window to go over the doors.

" Rooster " said:

Well…,

Assuming that you lived and were killed in a humane manner, properly bled, and blessed by a Rabbi, yes of course you would be welcome in the kitchen and banquet hall. (http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)

Forrest Scott Wood said:

Hey, this is a cool project. I like that new window to go over the doors.

I have another that is the exact opposite too. (http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)

" Rooster " said:

Don’t let him in until he has the right hat.

edit: and a top hat ain’t the right one!

Proper attire.

Sorry but I won’t be able to attend Kapparot this year.

The new house of worship, reconstructed from an old “engine house” donated by a former OCGRS member, will now serve the people. A new front façade was cut on the laser to replace the engine doors as were new windows and novel frames befitting this temple. Additionally, a “stained glass” front window was constructed. Front steps were added where the tracks originally came into the shed. Finally, a bit of color was added to the faded rock. This may just be the only synagogue in garden railroading…, outside of Israel.

Wow, nice wok, Todd.

Nice, Todd. No steeple, bell, or cross? Or is this a secular non-denominational church?

Michael Kirrene said:

Nice, Todd. No steeple, bell, or cross? Or is this a secular non-denominational church?

Not a church. It’s a Jewish Temple.

Todd Brody said:

Michael Kirrene said:

Nice repurpose

Bill Barnwell said:

Todd Brody said:

Michael Kirrene said:

Nice repurpose

Most don’t realize that the triangle is the actual symbol of the Jewish people. The Star (Shield) of David is two triangles. When the Rabbi does the benediction, he holds his fingers in the shapes of triangles…, think the Vulcan greeting.

Once again …Sorry but I won’t be able to attend Kapparot this year.

" Rooster " said:

Once again …Sorry but I won’t be able to attend Kapparot this year.

But you are so loved:

https://www.newsweek.com/kapparot-why-thousands-chickens-will-die-israel-today-controversial-religious-1124404