Large Scale Central

Passaro Challenge Mik 2019 -- A Yard Canopy (and weathering)

I finally decided what new to build and weather, but mostly I’m looking forward to seeing what everybody comes up with in the Challenge.

I have a pair of coal bins that need weathering and a canopy that needs to be built over the coal and oil/water facility in the yard to keep them useful and protected from the harsh mountain weather.

Napkin drawing to follow.

John, I really enjoy your weathering techniques so I will be following closely

I kept thinking there might be a chance, but my work deadlines aren’t letting me find the time to participate this year in the Challenge. I’ve been checking in almost every day and following the builds, and it’s killing me not to join in, but I can’t do much about it.

Good luck to everyone, and I’ll keep following with great interest!

John, I hate that, but I truly understand (https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-frown.gif). I really enjoy your work.

John Passaro said:

I kept thinking there might be a chance, but my work deadlines aren’t letting me find the time to participate this year in the Challenge. I’ve been checking in almost every day and following the builds, and it’s killing me not to join in, but I can’t do much about it.

Good luck to everyone, and I’ll keep following with great interest!

I know how you feel, I had to drop out for heath reasons, I peek in here when I’m resting between chores…

Sis has decreed everything must be cleaned! Even my 15 yr old cat got shaved, to reduce his dander!

John, Doesn’t Your Pike, or mine need at least a Outhouse?

Hey John - I know how you feel. I have decided that if I don’t finish at least I had lots of fun along the way and kept from being bored during this long NE Winter.

I may or may not get done either. I am glad I abandon the time table and did what I want on my time table.

I’ve taken everybody’s comments to heart and I’m thinking this year if I get the project set up on the workbench (which is now cleaned up at least ! Yay ! Pat on Back !) and a “napkin” drawing accomplished, I’ll be satisfied I did what I could.

Thats the spirit John. After all this is about doing something. Just doing something.

I knew I could talk you into it John !