Large Scale Central

History on Polk family

So I have been sitting on my butt doing historical research for weeks now. Looking heavily into another build for the local museum. Within my research I was digging through old train magazines that were going to be dumpstered otherwise (Thank you Gary) .

I found an article that peaked my interest and thought I would share it . I’m sure all the “experts” here on LSC knew this already or have a link on their website! I hate to bring up old hat but my goal with sharing this link is only to educate those that did not know this information. Perhaps if one decides to research beyond this link please share. It wasn’t the information I was looking for but I thought I would post it as it might be the link someone might be looking for other than me.

https://www.modelaircraft.org/sites/default/files/PolkNathanJNat.pdf

This post has been edited by :ROOSTER

Thanks for sharing.

When I click on the link I get double rainbows.

I remember meeting “Nat” Polk, at the old New York Annual Toy Fair, in NY City, way back when. The only way I can remember what year it was, is by trying to find what year LGB first offered their single door baggage car…whatever year that was.

I met the whole Aristo Craft sales team, at that time.

USTrains (Charlie Ro) was displaying his “Future product”, the work series crane car which didn’t become available until years later. Ro only had a rather small display with some other manufacturer.

I also met one of the LGB “Cousins” who was there at their quite large display.

…and there was Bachmann…with Joe Freiman, and Bob Murray…

Oh the memories…wonderful times…wonderful people, many friendships.

Fred Mills

I think when the Aristo site was active, much of this history was included. Lewis carried on the tradition of being involved in the hobby, much like his Dad and Uncle. When the East Coast Large Scale Train Show was established and going well, the Polk’s were not shy at trying to expand the Large Scale Train Shows. There was the Midwest Large Scale Train Show in Springfield, Illinois and the Southeast Large Scale Train Show in Perry, Georgia. Lots of fun attending those events and meeting and sharing time with good friends. All of this was because of the Polk Family. We pass the Perry Fairgrounds on our way north and south. Its always a good memory. Nothing like Key Lime Pie at the Green Derby, that makes your mouth pucker so much you can’t even talk and it hurts to smile.