Large Scale Central

Digitrax DG583S

Ok, got the Digitrax decoder installed and working in the VW van. Now to program the loco number and other details.

Zimo has a small DCC sound/light/motor decoder for $85 that fits real nice in a VW bus. For the railroad version there is the bulli sound file.

I added a cabin light to several VW’s with this decoder.

I already have the Digitrax and have it installed.

I think that Dan was just suggesting another solution, not telling you to change your decoder out, and it has appropriate sounds.

Greg

Yes, I understand that, but it would mean finding the other decoder buying it, and changing it out to use his suggestion.

I mentioned the Zimo decoder for others that might want to upgrade their VW bus. There are a lot of choices out there and one is to ave sound or no sound and also some want a decoder that can be well hidden plus have a lot of options and work well on dc, dcc or even battery. As always the choice is what the end user wants.

Or can afford. Or find. I appreciate the suggestion.

Daniel Collins said:

Yes, I understand that, but it would mean finding the other decoder buying it, and changing it out to use his suggestion.

Maybe the suggestion of another decoder is for that other person who is doing, or will be doing, the same as you done did.

Yes, what Dan said… many people will use these threads as examples of what can be done.

Greg