Large Scale Central

Down by the old mill stream

broken

before paint

back

front whit wheelFound this old mill in Home Depot in a return buggy. I asked the worker if it as for sale, his reply was it’s broken why would you want it. Little did he know! Folding a dollar bill in half (3") I checked the size to the building and found that it was close enough to “G” to work, best of all it was made out of resin. After repairing the base, fixing the wheel stand, painting the wood and coloring the store I had a very useable “Old Mill”. I lit the unit with my newly discovered solar pathway lights parts (can’t beat it for 98 cents). Hid the solar panel in the chimney and lit the interior and the water spout that is above the mill wheel so you could see the water and wheel movement at night. All finished and I then descovered there was no way for mill workers to enter the mill. Off to Michaels craft store and I found a wooden look sliding door for $2.23 in the discound section. It fit perfectly and completed the project. Nice addition to my growing collection of buildings, Bill

Reclamation of junk par excellence Bill. It looks great.

well done!

Oh ya gotta love it when a model has a story of happy happenstance.

Alan Lott said:

Thanks, more fun and cheaper than buying new

Forrest Scott Wood said:

Oh ya gotta love it when a model has a story of happy happenstance.

you can bet I was and still am happy hard to find mills just a fluke, thanks for the comment, Bill

Korm Kormsen said:

well done!

Thanks, Bill

Alan Lott said:

Alan, probably 9/10 of my stuff is recycled, I really enjoy making something out of nothing and that is different than anything else, did a water tower not to long ago that I put the tank level up side down and had one person notice it. I try to make at least 1 mistake in all my stuff seems as though when I had my layout that what was simple and different from others was what people remembered so I kept up the practice. this water mill is the only thing that I believe that I haven’t messed with, find something , please. LOL A simple culvert made out of blue smurf, American electrical conduit for wiring which is corrugated like piping, painted grey looks like culvert they remember that but not the $200.00 building. Really wasn’t much of a build as just glue and paint not much work but fun find. Thanks for the kind comment, Bill

Nice find Bill, feels good to be in the right place at the right time!