Large Scale Central

Wanted - USAT Christmas Series Items

8-13-19 - Mid Summer Bump. Almost there…Then there was 2…

2012, 2013, still interested in a caboose or 2 and an engine if yah got one besides the 2 reefers…

4-13-19 - Spring Bump Still looking for the below reefer cars!

2-9-19 - New Year Bump

A bump for the new year crowd. Hope 2019 brings many great large scale railroading adventures to you all!

Original Post

Hi All,

So I think my next collection is going to be the USAT Christmas series of cars, etc. I am mainly wanting/starting with the reefers/boxcars and the engines. I know there are also some coaches, small ore cars, etc. that go with the collection, but going to hold off on those for now unless the price is right.

If anyone has a complete list of everything USAT ever offered (I found a sudo complete list online through 2008 at least) that would be helpful as well to start crossing off items as I get them.

Not looking to lowball on price and am willing to pay what they are worth condition wise, use, NIB, etc. just trying to not completely break the bank in the process :wink:

If you have the whole or most of the collection, would be willing to talk about taking it all in one shot as well as I am just starting to look.

This would make a great edition to our driveway Christmas display we make every year. The kids/neighborhood would love it!

As always thanks for the help and any leads you can point me towards.

-Chris

Not Really what you are looking for but I’m seriously considering offing my Aristo Hershey’s collection to a good home which is great at Christmas time and the kids love it. If interested you can PM me.

I have box cars from 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998. The Christmas bobber caboose and the 1996 Christmas caboose. They are all in great shape only run around Christmas time under the tree. I put metal wheels and truck mounted Kaydee G scale couplers on them. Nothing was cut if you want to put USA couplers or hook & loop back on them. I have USA Trains boxes (may not be the exact boxes) for shipping. I’d let them go for $450.00 plus whatever shiping costs

Scott

Thanks for the leads guys.

@Rooster…Tempting as I did like that train as well. My wife would kill me more than she already is :slight_smile:

@Scott. Sent a PM to you

Thanks all. Keep the leads coming :slight_smile:

Chris, here are a couple of USA Trains Christmas lists that might help. Some have 4 and some have 5 digit prefix numbers:

http://www.mystictearoom.com/wiki/USA_Trains_Charles_Ro_Billboard_Reefer_Checklist

http://www.trainboard.com/highball/index.php?threads/usa-trains-info-registry.40446/page-2

Thanks Michael! I had found the half complete list on the second site you listed, but the WIKI page is great! Complete history to build my excel file off of.

Chris - I tried to send a PM but it wouldn’t recognize your name???

Chris - they are all in excellent shape - I could get them boxed and weighed this weekend and figure out shipping

Scott

You can get my direct email from my business website www.sdsnewengland.com

I have the 1996 USA Xmas car and it has Christmas sound and blinking star (orange colored bulb that I just had to change to bright white for a better ‘NORTH STAR’.

I changed it from battery only power to track and battery power.

@Scott, strange…though I have had issues with the PM system on here before. Will shoot you a message on your other site as suggested.

@Dan, Thanks for the offer. I think Scott has the 1996 car as part of his collection. I will keep you in mind though if I need it.

I mentioned my 1996 car as I did not see any info posted about it having sound and blinking orange light, plus the light was too dim so I changed it to something very bright.

I thought the person I got this from had an original purchase from USA, but there is a possibility it is a custom upgrade.

Good point. I am not sure if they did two cars or one that year. if there were 2, a lighted/non lighted version, or if this is custom that could be an interesting upgrade.

Would not be complete without one of these:

LOL, I have seen the Bear Whiz cars and was contemplating tracking those down. Though I don’t think that would be good for all the kiddos to look at LOL!

The USA Trains Bear Whiz cars are great! Kids get a kick out of them just as much as adults. I see them on Ebay periodically.

1. Bear Whiz reefer ‘Bear Whiz Beer’ FRC-906

2. Bear Whiz reefer ‘Bear Whiz Light’ FRC-907

3. Bear Whiz reefer ‘Anglers Ale’ FRC-908

4. Bear Whiz reefer ‘Ms. Bear Whiz’ FRC-909

5. Bear Whiz reefer ‘Fool’s Gold’ FRC-910

6. Bear Whiz reefer ‘Beary Whizmas’ 1994

7. Bear Whiz custom woodsided caboose - Bear Whiz yellow with bear graphics.

Chris, I sent you a PM.

BUMP as we get closer to X-MAS to see if anyone is wanting to re-home their USAT cars. I have filled quite a bit of the collection and am still looking for the following:

1994 to 2000

2006 to 2010

Also any of the X-MAS engines and/or cabooses.

Thanks All!

Happy Holidays

I have a simple question

Did you call Charles Ro / USA trains and ask what they had ?

Phone : 781-321-0090 (Customer Service)
Toll-free :1-800-225-4424 and 1-800-225-4425 (For Order Only)
Toll-free Fax:1-800-287-0090
E-mail : [email protected]

http://charlesro-com.3dcartstores.com/Christmas-Series–USA-Trains-G-Scale_c_356.html

Good point Sean.

I figured that USAT would not have a lot of the older items in stock still, but who knows. They might surprise…they did hold that collection filler a while back and I remember seeing a few X-Mas cars they offered.

Thanks,

Chris

Bump for the new year crowd. New OP message plus image above!

Thanks All

Spring cleaning bump! See OP for list of reefers I am looking for.

Thanks,

Chris